Help With Desktop Shortcuts for initiating Shutdown, Restart, Standby, Suspend, Sleep Mode

Help With Desktop Shortcuts for initiating Shutdown, Restart, Standby, Suspend, Sleep Mode

Post by Barr » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am looking for a desktop shortcut that will immediately put my computer on
standby, suspend, or sleep mode. The following shortcut command lines
shutdown and restart the win 98 computer respectivly -
Shutdown:  C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 5
Standby:     C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2
Does anyone know the shortcut command line to effect Standby Mode?
Thanks for your help, Barry

1. Win95: How to detect Shutdown: Restart in MS DOS mode?

Greeting all.
I am trying to find a way for an application to detect, on the Win95
Shutdown Window, that the user has selected the Restart in MS DOS mode
option rather than the Close all programs and log on as a different user
option. In both cases the app will get a WM_QUERYENDSESSION message, but the
documentation for this message does not indicate how to distinguish between
these two restart options.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Richard Kable

2. (Installation? Problem...

3. APM No Suspend No Standby

4. Archives from QL to PC under XP

5. Detecting shutdown/reboot mode in shutdown script

6. Eliminate Secret Data Now - i9awj9ksu1qj9ks t bhc7 8

7. Initiate Shutdown, SetPrivilege, doesn't work ?

8. VEry Slow connect to Prodigy w98 SE upgrde

9. Sleep... sleep Data... sleep...

10. Sleep() suspends process longer than wanted

11. delaying/suspending/'sleeping' a pthread

12. URGENT HELP!: Using IShellFolder to create desktop shortcuts

13. 95 hangs on 'Restart' or 'Restart in MS Dos' , help