Access MSDN Online Problems

Post by James Park » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have 3 systems with Windows 98 & IE4.01 Sp1 installed. Problem: Screen
freeze when I go to MSDN online. This problem
going to other internet addresses.
I have change around the Security and the Advance setting in
IE4.01 with the same results. Still screen freeze.
I have tried reinstalling Windows 98.

I have another system with Windows NT 4.0 sp3 & IE3.02 installed.
There is no problem on this system.
Can someone point me in the right direction.

James Parks

Access MSDN Online Problems

Post by Erik Funkenbusc » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Did you download and install the IE4 SP1?  Or do you mean the version that
shipped with Win98?

If you did the former, that's likely your problem.  The downloadable version
is for Win95 only.

>I have 3 systems with Windows 98 & IE4.01 Sp1 installed. Problem: Screen
>freeze when I go to MSDN online. This problem
>going to other internet addresses.
>I have change around the Security and the Advance setting in
>IE4.01 with the same results. Still screen freeze.
>I have tried reinstalling Windows 98.

>I have another system with Windows NT 4.0 sp3 & IE3.02 installed.
>There is no problem on this system.
>Can someone point me in the right direction.

>James Parks

Access MSDN Online Problems

Post by Mark Brook » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I get many "connection was reset" on the MSDN download site. I don't get
them on any other MS site.

The machine did have 98 beta's and RC's with SP1 but is now
production 98. Still get the errors, but only at MSDN download, nowhere
else.

I do have IE5 on my "non-essential" laptop. I'll have to give that a try.

P.S. These errors were very common in the preview releases of IE4.