Using Custom ActiveX controls

Post by Mike Powel » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

I've written a 32-bit ActiveX control using Visual C++ 5.0 under Windows
NT. Now I want to integrate that control into a Visual C++ ATL project.
I've create a wrapper class for the ActiveX control but am now
experiencing
difficulty instantiating the instance properly. Apparently I need a
pointer
to a dispatch handler -- instantiating the control with no parameters
sets up the OLE interface with a NULL pointer. I thought the wrapper
class
was supposed to take care of this for me.

Where do I go for quality help in creating a dispatch instance? Beyond
the wrapper class I really don't have a clear idea what is required of
me in terms of passing an IDispatch instance to the class.

MTIA.

1. Using Custom ActiveX controls

I've written a 32-bit ActiveX control using Visual C++ 5.0 under Windows
NT. Now I want to integrate that control into a Visual C++ ATL project.
I've create a wrapper class for the ActiveX control but am now
experiencing
difficulty instantiating the instance properly. Apparently I need a
pointer
to a dispatch handler -- instantiating the control with no parameters
sets up the OLE interface with a NULL pointer. I thought the wrapper
class
was supposed to take care of this for me.

Where do I go for quality help in creating a dispatch instance? Beyond
the wrapper class I really don't have a clear idea what is required of
me in terms of passing an IDispatch instance to the class.

MTIA.

2. Inside info on Telebit spoofing?!?

3. Webbrowser control/ActiveX control using C Win32 API

4. Move user to another domain

5. ActiveX Control in ActiveX Control, resource problem

6. flaming or opinions or whatever

7. ActiveX control in ActiveX control

8. Presence of one subnet in two locations

9. Can't use a created activex control in a new activex control..

10. ActiveX control inserted into another ActiveX control

11. How do an ActiveX control aggregate another ActiveX control with UI ?

12. MFC ActiveX control inside another MFC ActiveX control - MFC Bug

13. Adding custom interface to ActiveX control