MSDN Subscriptions Library vs. MSDN online

MSDN Subscriptions Library vs. MSDN online

Post by Stefan Schneck, Zweibr├╝ck » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:47:16

Hello!

Just a little question

is there any difference between MSDN Subscriptions Library
and MSDN online on the Microsoft-Homepage?

Is there any advantage of the library vs. the online-version?

I have a DSL-Flatrate and use the Microsoft Visual Studio.net
professional version (beginner!!).

Thanks for any help
Stefan

Sorry for any mistakes!

MSDN Subscriptions Library vs. MSDN online

Post by Jay Hamli » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:46:14

Most of the content is the same. There are a few things that you get in the
offline that aren't online - like some Resource Kit content.

Some additional advantages of the offline Library are performance, ability
to use the content in context with Visual Studio and portability. The DVD
version has a ton of multimedia included. A lot of the multimedia is
available online at www.microsoft.com/seminar, but it's a convenient to have
it locally.

Quote:> Hello!