Finding the current logged on User for WINNT4 from a service..

Finding the current logged on User for WINNT4 from a service..

Post by Chuda Basne » Fri, 09 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've tried several SDK32 ( C ++) calls to get the current logged on
user in WIN NT4 all of which work in a standalone app but havent got one
to work successfully when the app is running as a service..

Any help appreciated

John Creek
WMS Support Manager
University of Wiakato
NZ

Finding the current logged on User for WINNT4 from a service..

Post by Alan Rueckgaue » Fri, 09 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Check out the Windows Station functions under Windows Base Services -
Security in the Platform SDK section of the MSDN library.  I recall MSJ did
a feature earlier this year about the issues of access control/security for
services.

--
Alan Rueckgauer
Rueckgauer Systems

=====

>I've tried several SDK32 ( C ++) calls to get the current logged on
>user in WIN NT4 all of which work in a standalone app but havent got one
>to work successfully when the app is running as a service..

>Any help appreciated

>John Creek
>WMS Support Manager
>University of Wiakato
>NZ

1. How to get name of logged on user (not user name of the current thread)

Hi,

when I call GetUserName() I always get the user name of the current thread.
For example, when I call that function from within a system service, I always
get the user name 'SYSTEM' even when there is a different user logged on to
Windows. Is there any API call to determine the actual user name?

Thanks,
Klaus

2. QuickDraw and Shadowing

3. NT Service doesn't see user environment when logged on as a specific user.

4. Commodore do this!

5. Get Current Logged in user's domain name

6. faq

7. Retrieving ip address of the current machine a user is logged on ?

8. How to expose method for Java Applet in a CAB file

9. How to DNS name current for logged in user

10. Current User Logged onto Workstation

11. create a process as current logged on user

12. Where do I get the current user logged in ?

13. Current User Logged in