Help please - Mscomm Binary prolem

Post by Mari » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:07:53

I'm trying to capture a serial communication bettween a computer and multi
i/o controller.

I'm using VBTERM from the sample VB6 program.  The litle program let me see
any ascii transcation on the comm port, but the data bettween the computer
and
the mini-controler is using ( I guest ) an Hex format or a binary format,
because
all kinds of unreadable codes are coming up...  I would like to see these
informations
in number ( Hex number).

The MsComm1.inputmode is set for Binary

the problem is to get it out in the textbox..  I try  a =
Val(hex(Mscomm1.input))
but it doesn't make the job...

Any ideas ?  Maybe I have to set something else ?

--
Mario Tardif

--
Mario Tardif

1. VB6 mscomm help please

Hello all, I have done a search on what I'm asking but could not find what I
was looking for. I have a radio that can be controlled via a comm. Port, but
I'm not over keen on the software that came with it. So I would like to have
a go at writing my own program using VB6. I have been able to send data to
the radio on my 1st attempt, which tuned the radio. What I could do with now
is some sample code from other more experienced programmers, to see how they
would address the com ports, to receive and send data to a remote machine.
Any information much appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve Pearson

2. Lockup on windows shutdown

4. Where did TracePoint profiler go?

5. MsComm - HEX - binary question

6. Folder structure 4 One IP address with multiple domains

7. Use MSCOMM to send binary value to serial port

8. FS: 3Com Palm III

9. Newby, How to send Binary data with MScomm control.

10. MSComm Binary input problem

11. Please Help me !!! Please Please Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. binary of packet driver (win95)- please help

13. Please help -- ifstream, EOF and binary files?