Replacing A Word With Picture In MS-Word Using VB !

Replacing A Word With Picture In MS-Word Using VB !

Post by Lovely Angel For Y » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:36:59

Dear Friends
Hope you all doing great.

I have this MS-Word file where I have to insert lots of images at many
points again and again.
So I was thinking that is there any way that I can insert these
pictures at required points using VB.
I mean that first while creating the MS-Word file I write down the
name of the pic and afterwords using a VB application I can replace
that "word" i.e. name of the pic with the actual image.

I hope you got what I want.

So if you have any idea how I can do this please let me know.

Love
Lovely

Post by the other g » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 05:35:47

>Dear Friends
>Hope you all doing great.

>I have this MS-Word file where I have to insert lots of images at many
>points again and again.
>So I was thinking that is there any way that I can insert these
>pictures at required points using VB.
>I mean that first while creating the MS-Word file I write down the
>name of the pic and afterwords using a VB application I can replace
>that "word" i.e. name of the pic with the actual image.

>I hope you got what I want.

>So if you have any idea how I can do this please let me know.

Selectt he word from the Word app, then set the Selection to picture.
For details, use the object browser for waht methods are available and
search "automation" AND WORD on Google.

Dog thinks: they feed me, they take care of me: they are gods.
Cat thinks: they feed me, they take care of me: I am god.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/richmann/
http://www.geocities.com/richmannsoft/

Replacing A Word With Picture In MS-Word Using VB !

Post by Rob Strove » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:27:59

I think the simplest way is to manually create bookmarks where you want the
pictures to appear in your document, giving each bookmark the name of the
graphics file for which it is the placeholder.

Then, via automation of Word using VB you could go through each member of
the bookmarks collection for the document and insert the picture as required
(and *maybe* remove the bookmark at the same time)

The issue with pictures in Word documents and the size of the final document
should also be looked at - not that this issue has anything specific to do
with the automation process.

What I mean by the above is that you can either actually embed graphics in a
document or only insert a pointer to an external graphics file.The latter
way means that the final doc file is much smaller, but if you want to send
the document, including graphics to anyone else you'd have to send the doc
file and all picture files too (in the correct relative folder path) -
something of a pain IMO.

HTH,

        Rob.

Quote:> Dear Friends
> Hope you all doing great.

> I have this MS-Word file where I have to insert lots of images at many
> points again and again.
> So I was thinking that is there any way that I can insert these
> pictures at required points using VB.
> I mean that first while creating the MS-Word file I write down the
> name of the pic and afterwords using a VB application I can replace
> that "word" i.e. name of the pic with the actual image.

> I hope you got what I want.

> So if you have any idea how I can do this please let me know.

> Love
> Lovely

1. MS-WORD 6.0 WLL & ODBC DLL Add-Ins

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with the wbodbc.wll add in for Word 6.0 ?.

Firstly I had problems connecting to a ODBC DataSource (Borland Interbase),
although I have no problems getting to it with a Borland C++ prog.

MS gives you the source to wbodbc.wll with the Office Development Kit to
'customise' for various odbc drivers, but if I compile this, without changes,
under MSVC v1.5, then Word crashes with a GPF in the the wll when I attempt
to access it.

Do I need to compile this with v2.0 of MSVC ?, the makefile out of the box
failed under v1.5.

Thanks in Advance
Chris

  Green Door Software Ltd   Compu$erve: 100242,1003
  P.O. Box 67-107, Mt Eden, URL:        http://softcopy.com/chris
  Auckland, New Zealand.    Phone/Fax:  +64 9 376 2792

  The Auckland Warriors Rugby League Home Page:
                           http://softcopy.com/chris/warriors.htm

2. Panasonic Printer Driver

3. Using MS-Word thesaurus from VB

4. Upgrade for HP-UX 9.00

5. SDK's for writing MS Word & Internet Explorer add-ins?

6. DCL parameters

7. Delete and Cut fails when programming MS Word if Word not visible

8. Pull down menu repeat

9. Word 8 and OLE link problems of Word 6 / Word 7 docs

10. Is necessary to have Word installed to use VB Word object?

11. Printing envelop using ms-word and HP Laser printer

12. Putting VB pictures in Word

13. Can I access a Word preview picture from VB?