Obtaining attribute info from an AD LDAP Server

Obtaining attribute info from an AD LDAP Server

Post by Simon Willia » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:15:07

Hi,

No clue what I am doing in vb so can someone help?!

I need to write a simple script that returns the value of a particular
attribute in an active directory server.

I need to get the unique name of a group.  This is what I have so far:

set objGroup = GetObject (LDAP://cn=Group1, ou=groups, ou=americas,
dc=insidelive, dc=net)

strAcctName = objGroup.Get ("samaccountname")

Not really sure where to go from here or how to return this as I never
write vb.

Thanks in advance.

--sjw.

1. "LDAP://" & Info.UserName ???

Im trying to run the sample code at the following URL:
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/en-us/wss/wss/_cdo_message_coclass.asp) and
for this line will not correctly execute.

iPer.DataSource.Open "LDAP://" & Info.UserName

any ideas??  Do I need to put a domain or server name??
Although I think I've tried just about everything like
that.

I keep getting the error message 'The system cannot find
the specified path'

Any assistance would be great!

Mike

2. Omnisky Modem

3. Obtaining a Files Extended Attributes

4. service manual

5. LDAP SERVER

6. New version MacsBug

7. LDAP call from server side script using visual interdev

8. From 2K Pro to 2K Server

9. Active Directory : How can we see a LDAP server?

10. LDAP SERVER

11. Querying LDAP Servers

12. unwanted ads and messenger service ads

13. Olympic Opportunity - Info, discussion and a $%$(* ad!