Freetext serch from VB in MS Word Documents/PDF Documents?

Freetext serch from VB in MS Word Documents/PDF Documents?

Post by Johan » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:57:47

Dear Sirs,

I'm going to develop a program in VB 6 where the database is MS Access
MDB, due to the cost of spreading the user-licenses.

The user shall have the possibility to make free text searches in the
textfields in the database, but I also want them to have the
possibility to make freetext-searches in linked MS Word documents and
PDF-documents.

Is this possible? Are there any existing third party-controls that can
help me?

I also heard that there is a "SQL-server 2000 Light" in Access 2000 (I
now working with Access 97)? Is this a way to go? I'm exploring this
questions now, but if you have any input i would be very thankful!

Thanks!