System Wake Up Timer from S3, S4 (Suspend/Hibernate)

System Wake Up Timer from S3, S4 (Suspend/Hibernate)

Post by B » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:00:19

I have an application that suspends the computer with the following
API call:

SetSystemPowerState

What I am looking for is a way to wake the system up automatically
after a specified time.  I tried using the  SetWaitableTimer function,
but could not get it to function properly.  Any ideas?

Also I had troube getting the function SetSuspendState to work
properly.  It would always put the system into Hibernate, even with
the "Hibernate" parameter set to False.  Any ideas?
(SetSystemPowerState is working but its a pain setting up the tokens).

(This app. will run only on 2K and XP)

Thanks,

BK

1. How to reset system suspend timer?

Is there a simple way (such as a Win32 API call) to cause the system
suspend countdown to reset (as if, for example, a key had been typed)? I
don't want to disable the timer or refuse the suspend, but there are
times when I detect an external button which should rightly have the
same effect as pressing a key on the keyboard. Thanks!

2. _vti_cnf files

3. Suspend mode - wake-up the monitor after

4. HELP - Program that read ISO-9660 Header needed.

5. programmatically wake from suspend

6. Hobbit

7. Waking up a Win95 machine from suspend mode

8. Computer Randomly Restarts During Load

9. Wake up desktop after Suspend using SetSystemPowerState/SetSuspendState in Win 2k/XP

10. Wake display from suspend manually

11. rtc cmos timer/system timer

12. How to hibernate a Win2k non-ACPI system programatically

13. What happens to a Windows service when the system is put in Standby or Hibernate states?