VBPs compile at command prompt, runs fine, VBG doesn't work

VBPs compile at command prompt, runs fine, VBG doesn't work

Post by Matthew Herrma » Sat, 04 May 2002 09:16:34

Hi All,

I have a project which was previously in one VBP that I have broken
into multiple projects. I can successfully compile all of the separate
DLLs and OCXs and build them into an application.

The problem is that when I try to edit all simultaneously in VB using
a project group file, I get no end of problems.

At the moment I have two choices, neither of which is feasible:

1) No Compatibility
Remove all dlls, ocxs entirely, unregister them, rebuild in the
correct order. Run EXE. Works. Pain if I want to actually write code,
since I've now lost my IDE and de*.

2) Binary Compatibility
remove all dlls, ocxs entirely, set all projects to bin compatibility.
recompile all in the correct order. i think this actually worked in
the ide. major drama if i want to (heaven forbid) change a function's
arguments: go out, recompile every single file again. re-enter ide.
(!)

if i try to set the binary compatibility to a Stub.vbp, which i
recompile 7 or 8 times with No Compatibility set (to get new classid
and typelib ids), containing a single Stub.Cls with one method Public
Sub Stub(). Then, when I set binary comp for each project to a
different stub file (to avoid overlapping the same magic numbers), I
get a cyclic reference error. Clearly this is bogus since I was
successfully able to compile and run the project without compatibility
options.

Is there any way to get this to work!!

All help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Matthew Herrmann

1. w2k: runas command doesn't work with /user:user but work with /user:domain\user

I found a strange problem with 'runas' command.

If I use '/user:user app' command line option, the application will failed
to be started by runas, the error is:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to
terminate the application.

If I use '/user:domain\user app', the application will be started properly.

If I add 'user' to 'Domain Admins', then the 1st one will also work.

I wrote a program which does the similar thing as runas, it failed with the
same error. What was done in the program is:

LogonUser

ImpersonateLoggedOnUser

CreateProcessAsUser

This is on W2K SP2.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem? Thanks.

2. Question from Brandon Turok

3. runas command doesn't work with /user:user but work with /user:domain\user

4. Playing with XPATH... Only tough XSL-gurus can solve this!

5. Help: Program works in debugger but not when run from Command Prompt!

6. Generic Evaluation Form?

7. DOS prompt doesn't come back when running program

8. Running Windows Apps from Command Prompt while running Windows

9. invalid conversion from 'const void*' to 'void*' : works fine on Windows but

10. Getting labels from the command line doesn't work

11. Compile under Win2k doesn't work under Win9x

12. BC4.0 compiled program doesn't work on a P-90?