VB.NET stand-alone executable possible?

Post by Noel Zin » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 08:33:03

I thought it was possible to produce a stand-alone executable (all the
libraries bundled into the .exe) in VB5.  Certainly it was in QuickBasic
(hey, I'm 59).  But I can't figure how to do it in my new standard edition
of VB.NET.

Anyone know how?

Noel

VB.NET stand-alone executable possible?

Post by Arjan Mesker » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 18:35:41

When making a setup project it is possible to add the .Net framework to the
setup.
Default this is disabled, because the framework is 100 Mb. When this is
enabled a setup is created, including the .Net framework. This way the
program will run on every PC it is installed on

Arjan

Quote:> I thought it was possible to produce a stand-alone executable (all the
> libraries bundled into the .exe) in VB5.  Certainly it was in QuickBasic
> (hey, I'm 59).  But I can't figure how to do it in my new standard edition
> of VB.NET.

> Anyone know how?

> Noel

1. Query regarding VB for Office Suites as opposed to VB stand alone (standard edition)....

I have installed Visual Basic 4.0 which I have bought years ago.  I also
have installed Corel Word Perfect 2002 suite which includes Visual Basic
6.0.  The program didn't overwrite 4.0, but I was wondering.... is the VB
that is included in office suite packages the same or different than the VB
that is sold as "Standard Edition"..... If that makes sense.

I guess what I'm asking is....

    Is VB 6.0 that is included in Office Suites (ie WP, Microsoft).... a
fully functioning program that can be used to write applications that
would run outside of the office suite?

I'm curious.....  or can I integrate with the full program 4.0 that I do
have????

Thanks

Dan Bastedo

2. cc email/usenet automatically

3. Testing Multicasting on Stand-alone computer

4. wall boxes in cinder block walls

5. running windows application as stand-alone

6. ASSISTANCE NEEDED

7. Newbie Q: BC++ 4.5 - making stand-alone app

8. Is MSMQ read transactional in in receive function?

9. Libraries missing - how to make REAL stand-alone ???

10. Need to use C/S app in a stand-alone PC

11. How to get the Domain Name from Stand-Alone server

12. UN: Stand-alone vi editor

13. Stand-alone vi editor for MS-WINDOWS?