Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard

Post by Claudi » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:42:53

I'm writing a custom AppWizard in Visual Studio .Net.

According to the Visual Studio documentation "Providing
Context-Sensitive Help", the help button's onClick event
can be adopted to point to a specific keyword:

<BUTTON CLASS="BUTTONS" ID="HelpBtn" ACCESSKEY="H"
 onClick="window.external.OnHelp
('vc.appwiz.custom.overview');">

That works fine for a Visual Studio Keyword.

How can I specify a keyword/topic in my own help file
(.chm or htm)?
The documentation is not clear in this aspect.

Thanks

Claudio

Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard

Post by Gang Guo [M » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:06:54

I will check this and post my findings later.

Regards,
Gang Guo
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard

Post by Gang Guo [MS » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:56:16

Fisrtly, you need integrate your help file into into the Visual Studio
Combined Help Collection. Participating the Visual Studio .NET Integration
Program will let you get the tools and documents for how to do that.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/vsip/default.asp

After that, author your help file using the HTML Help workshop and specify
the keyword in it. After that you should be able to display your own help
page in the custom wizard.

Regards,
Gang Guo
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Quote:> I'm writing a custom AppWizard in Visual Studio .Net.

> According to the Visual Studio documentation "Providing
> Context-Sensitive Help", the help button's onClick event
> can be adopted to point to a specific keyword:

> <BUTTON CLASS="BUTTONS" ID="HelpBtn" ACCESSKEY="H"
>  onClick="window.external.OnHelp
> ('vc.appwiz.custom.overview');">

> That works fine for a Visual Studio Keyword.

> How can I specify a keyword/topic in my own help file
> (.chm or htm)?
> The documentation is not clear in this aspect.

> Thanks

> Claudio

1. Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard

I'm writing a custom AppWizard in Visual Studio .Net.

According to the documentation "Providing Context-
Sensitive Help", the help button's onClick event can be
adopted to point to a specific keyword:

<BUTTON CLASS="BUTTONS" ID="HelpBtn" ACCESSKEY="H"
 onClick="window.external.OnHelp
('vc.appwiz.custom.overview');">

That works fine for a Visual Studio Keyword.

How can I specify a keyword/topic in my own help file
(.chm or htm)?
The documentation is not clear in this aspect.

Thanks

Claudio

2. MOTD question

3. Context-sensitive Help for Menu Items

4. Fast Ethernet on a 4500?

5. annoying context-sensitive help problem

6. OS/2, ZyXel Prestige I00IH ISDN Hub/Router, and the Internet

7. Context-sensitive Help

8. context sensitive help

9. Accessing context sensitive help files from CF

10. F1 key not giving context sensitive help from MSDN

11. Context sensitive help in VB .NET