hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character

hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character

Post by Joe » Fri, 27 May 2005 22:35:14

I got this error message when loading an XML string.  Any idea how to
remove the invalid character?

' ', hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character

Thanks!

Joe

hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character

Post by 6273 » Sat, 28 May 2005 10:45:14

Ummmm.... delete it from the XML string.

Perhaps if you provided a little more information.  Where does the XML
come from?

6273

> I got this error message when loading an XML string.  Any idea how to
> remove the invalid character?

> ' ', hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character

> Thanks!

> Joe

hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character

Post by Joe » Sun, 29 May 2005 01:42:58

Thanks for your reply.

I don't want to manually edit the XML string because it is provided by
user input.  I want to programmatically remove it while validating the
input string.

Joe

hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character

Post by kiran kalvagadd » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 02:18:27

hi,
you are getting the input from user and gettig xml from that. if that is
right.
0x0C stands for "Form Feed" character. i think when you try to convert
multiple lines of text you might be getting this error.

Quote:

--
thanks
Kiran Kumar Kalvagadda

1. System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x01 , is an invalid character

Hi,

I get the following exception when accessing a .NET remote
object from ASP.NET client and a WebService.

.NET remote object makes P/Invoke calls to a legacy C dll.
This exception is coming while marshalling content from a
c structure to a c# class.

I have attached the structures and others details.Could you
please help in this error.

Special Attention: Thomos Scheidegger[MVP] NETMaster

Regards
Sanjeeva

System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x01, is
an invalid character. Line 55, position 31.

Server stack trace:
   at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanContent()
   at
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.Par
seXml()
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.Run
()
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.D
eserialize(HeaderHandler handler, ISerParser serParser)
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.
Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler
handler)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeSoa
pResponseMessage(Stream inputStream, IMessage requestMsg,
Header[] h, Boolean bStrictBinding)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.De
serializeMessage(IMethodCallMessage mcm, ITransportHeaders
headers, Stream stream)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.Sy
ncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessa
ge(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke
(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at ClassLibrary1.Class2.GetCustomerList(String
postcode) in c:\workbench6\as400service\classlibrary1
\class2.cs:line 62
   at WebService1.Service1.CustomerLookup(String postcode)
in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice1\service1.asmx.cs:line 91

  interop.txt
4K Download

2. FAQ: All about Amiga FTP

3. Invalid character value for cast specification

4. IP address using ADSL from Earthlink.....valid?

5. HELP: Serialization error: "' ', hexadec imal value 0x06, is an invalid character

6. Midi in flashes all the time...

7. 'Invalid character value for cast specification'

8. HP DeskJet 660C: 'Incorrect Installation' message

9. hexadecimal value in byte array

10. Drawing.Color with hexadecimal values

11. Character '<', hexdecimal value 0x3c is illegal in XML attribute values

12. I am getting NULL characters in the build output

13. Deployment and Setup Projects - Installer Error: "The folder path contains an invalid character."