MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

Post by Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 08:25:35

Hi folks,

Please don't respond to this, but be aware that there are a bunch of spam
messages that are arriving in these MS
newsgroups this afternoon could lead you to a virus. There are several

title RATE ME! or READ ME! in the title. We are attempting to have the spam
removed. Please beware, and make sure your anti-virus protection is
up-to-date.

Here's the report from a fellow MVP:

Subject: WANT WATCH ME LIVE ON MY * FREE?
Subject: 18/F/NY/*/Pics (READ ME!)

The web site to which these messages refer the reader both cause my virus
software to go into action.

MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

Post by Paul Ka » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:29:23

And the Spam continues to pile up, any solution found yet?

Paul

> Hi folks,

> Please don't respond to this, but be aware that there are a bunch of spam
> messages that are arriving in these MS
> newsgroups this afternoon could lead you to a virus. There are several

> title RATE ME! or READ ME! in the title. We are attempting to have the
spam
> removed. Please beware, and make sure your anti-virus protection is
> up-to-date.

> Here's the report from a fellow MVP:

> Subject: WANT WATCH ME LIVE ON MY * FREE?
> Subject: 18/F/NY/*/Pics (READ ME!)

> The web site to which these messages refer the reader both cause my virus
> software to go into action.

MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

Post by Peter Plamondon [MS » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 02:15:41

Sorry it took this long to get this worked out, the deletions are queued up
and deletion process details distributed among .NET CF/SDE team.

--Peter

> And the Spam continues to pile up, any solution found yet?

> Paul

> > Hi folks,

> > Please don't respond to this, but be aware that there are a bunch of
spam
> > messages that are arriving in these MS
> > newsgroups this afternoon could lead you to a virus. There are several

> > title RATE ME! or READ ME! in the title. We are attempting to have the
> spam
> > removed. Please beware, and make sure your anti-virus protection is
> > up-to-date.

> > Here's the report from a fellow MVP:

> > Subject: WANT WATCH ME LIVE ON MY * FREE?
> > Subject: 18/F/NY/*/Pics (READ ME!)

> > The web site to which these messages refer the reader both cause my
virus
> > software to go into action.

MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

Post by Paul Ka » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 00:34:01

mmmmm, Jessica still seems to be keeping well ahead of any attempts to
clear/block her

> Sorry it took this long to get this worked out, the deletions are queued
up
> and deletion process details distributed among .NET CF/SDE team.

> --Peter
rights.

> --
rights.

> > And the Spam continues to pile up, any solution found yet?

> > Paul

> > > Hi folks,

> > > Please don't respond to this, but be aware that there are a bunch of
> spam
> > > messages that are arriving in these MS
> > > newsgroups this afternoon could lead you to a virus. There are several

the
> > > title RATE ME! or READ ME! in the title. We are attempting to have the
> > spam
> > > removed. Please beware, and make sure your anti-virus protection is
> > > up-to-date.

> > > Here's the report from a fellow MVP:

> > > Subject: WANT WATCH ME LIVE ON MY * FREE?
> > > Subject: 18/F/NY/*/Pics (READ ME!)

> > > The web site to which these messages refer the reader both cause my
> virus
> > > software to go into action.

MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

Post by MVP » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 00:34:43

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately there is spam everywhere so the normal queue's are backed
up -- have patience and they'll get her! ;)

--

Josh Mitts
Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)

mmmmm, Jessica still seems to be keeping well ahead of any attempts to
clear/block her

> Sorry it took this long to get this worked out, the deletions are queued
up
> and deletion process details distributed among .NET CF/SDE team.

> --Peter
rights.

> --
rights.

> > And the Spam continues to pile up, any solution found yet?

> > Paul

> > > Hi folks,

> > > Please don't respond to this, but be aware that there are a bunch of
> spam
> > > messages that are arriving in these MS
> > > newsgroups this afternoon could lead you to a virus. There are several

the
> > > title RATE ME! or READ ME! in the title. We are attempting to have the
> > spam
> > > removed. Please beware, and make sure your anti-virus protection is
> > > up-to-date.

> > > Here's the report from a fellow MVP:

> > > Subject: WANT WATCH ME LIVE ON MY * FREE?
> > > Subject: 18/F/NY/*/Pics (READ ME!)

> > > The web site to which these messages refer the reader both cause my
> virus
> > > software to go into action.

1. MVP WARNING: Spam message links to virus Web page

Hi folks,

Please don't respond to this, but be aware that a spam message in the MS
newsgroups could lead you to a virus. We are attempting to have the spam
removed. Here's the report from a fellow MVP:

Subject: WANT WATCH ME LIVE ON MY WEBCAM FREE?
Subject: 18/F/NY/Webcam/Pics (READ ME!)

The web site to which these messages refer the reader both cause my virus
software to go into action.

2. Help? Rules 4 collision in a Mario clone!?

3. MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

4. i search for adresses atari 8 bits vendors in california

5. Virus at Page Warning - 18/F/NY/Webcam/Pics (READ ME!)

6. JOB: QA ENGINEER - MA

7. Builing an SMTP service to check for Virus and Spam

8. favorite hacks and applications

9. please help: "Warning: Page has Expired" message

10. Virus Warning: (17/F/FL) RATE ME!

11. Virus warning

12. Virus Warning