we need visual studio to run a application which contain crystal report with asp.net(2003)?

we need visual studio to run a application which contain crystal report with asp.net(2003)?

Post by praj » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:36:10

hi to Alll,

I deployed 1 ASP.Net application which contain crystal 8.5.(visual
studio 2003)

If I run setup. Then it works fine on a machine which is having visual
studio.

But it is not working on another machine which contain Famework only.

So my query is whether we need visual studio to run a application
which contain crystal report?

If not then plz. provide steps for creating setup.

thnks,

we need visual studio to run a application which contain crystal report with asp.net(2003)?

Post by Chief Bug » Fri, 06 Apr 2007 02:40:09

If you are not using crystal report services, try Crystal report merge
module

http://www.businessobjects.com

Quote:

> hi to Alll,

> I deployed 1 ASP.Net application which contain crystal 8.5.(visual
> studio 2003)

> If I run setup. Then it works fine on a machine which is having visual
> studio.

> But it is not working on another machine which contain Famework only.

> So my query is whether we need visual studio to run a application
> which contain crystal report?

> If not then plz. provide steps for creating setup.

> thnks,

we need visual studio to run a application which contain crystal report with asp.net(2003)?

Post by Cerebru » Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:32:48

No, you don't require VS. But as "ChiefBugs" mentioned you will need
to include the CR.net merge modules into your setup project. They can
be downloaded from the businessobjects site. Make sure to DL the right
version.

we need visual studio to run a application which contain crystal report with asp.net(2003)?

Post by praj » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:32:09

Quote:> No, you don't require VS. But as "ChiefBugs" mentioned you will need
> to include the CR.net merge modules into your setup project. They can
> be downloaded from the businessobjects site. Make sure to DL the right
> version.

thnks for reply
I used ur sol'n

1. Visual Studio 2003 Upgrade, problems with Crystal Report, Invalid Report Source

Upgraded from VS.NET 2003 to 2003.  That went well!

Tryed an app and a crystal report viewer, working at 2002
level, started giving "invalid report source".

I had thought I was well within CR.NET provisions, but, I
will also admit to install CR V9 under 2003.

My report source is a dataset, build within the VB that
is associated with the report viewer.

Any good source of what is in .NET and full v9 CR
versions?

Thanks,
Dana.

2. OFFICIAL RISCSTATION (UK) ANNOUNCEMENTS

3. Crystal Report Veiwer msg Invalid Report Source after Studio.NET 2003 upgrade

4. Confused by max and group by

5. Crystal Reports Runtime in Visual Studio 2003

6. Can't send mail

7. Workaround: SSL site problem with Visual Studio.NET 2003 and ASP.NET 1.1

8. running replication sample come with visual studio.net 2003

9. MVP Help Needed - Crystal Report And VS.NET 2003 does not work!!!

10. ASP.NET - Does client need IIS to run ASP.NET application

11. How to create landscape reports with Crystal report of Visual studio 2005

12. Visual Studio .NET 2003 vs. Visual C++ .NET 2003