how to solve multi user problem with remoting

how to solve multi user problem with remoting

Post by Ren » Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:43:04

the most examples for remoting are, when the client creates or reads
an object from the server. That's fine.
But what ist about updating or deleting such object.
e.g. when client A updates an object what's with the 'same' object
(copy) of client B ?
What's happend if Client C updates a object that Client D has just
deleted ?

looking for hints
 Rene

1. remote debugging on multi-user systems

I noticed that stepping through a web service on a remote server with
the debugger prevents aspnet_wp.exe from servicing any other web
requests.

I was hoping to use .NET to write distributed software with pieces on
several of our internal servers.  Now I'm thinking I can't do that,
because when I debug a remote piece it will deny other programmers
access to their correctly-working services installed on the same
machine.

Are there any workarounds?  I'm new to .NET, am I using it improperly?

2. Select data from local database into another host over

3. Multi-user remote development environment in ASP.NET

4. Haicom modem

5. Can .NET Remoting solve this problem for me?

6. Upgrade VSS using Service pack 6.0c

7. Problems with .Net Remoting on Multi-Processor Machine

8. XNS, DLSw. and GRE questions

9. Multi user problems and corruptions/File not found

10. Finally Problem Solved for "String Reversalition" Problem

11. How to solve Remote Configuration Error

12. Remoting bug solved

13. How to solve user control dependency?