process.start in vb.net not working in Windows 7, VS2010

process.start in vb.net not working in Windows 7, VS2010

Post by bidala » Sat, 15 Jan 2011 09:38:52

Hello,

a couple years ago I wrote a program in vb.net (Visual Studio 2005)
which called ghostscript using the process.start function.  It has
been running very well on several Windows XP boxes.  Following is the
specific code:

 Dim oPSI As New System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo
        Dim oProcess As System.Diagnostics.Process
        Dim SizeArray(4) As String
        Dim Orientation As Integer = 0
        Dim PaperSize As Integer = 0

        With oPSI
            .FileName = "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe"
            .CreateNoWindow = True
            .RedirectStandardOutput = True
            .RedirectStandardError = vbTrue
            .WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Normal
            .WorkingDirectory = "c:\burn\"
'Directory.GetCurrentDirectory
            .UseShellExecute = False
            .Arguments = "/C gswin32c.exe -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -
sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=" & FullOutputName & " -f" & ConcatLine
        End With
        oProcess = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(oPSI)

Recently I upgraded to Visual Studio 2010 (using the automatic
conversion tool to convert the code) and upgraded my PC to Windows 7
along with everyone else at my company.

Now the above code does not work! It doesn't fail out or abend, nor
does it create error message or error log entries.  The code simple
executes without generating any results or output.  I can see no rhyme
or reason behind it, and there are no clues to track down.  Has anyone
else observed this behavior??  Any ideas are appreciated.

1. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

Has anyone been successful in adding custom built-in functions into
Excel via the .net XP Interop assemblies?

According to MS KB 316723, you have to make sure you build the
deployment project for the Current User, not the machine.  I did that.

Also, in the Add-in path for Excel, I added a string called "Automation"
(from a support call to Microsoft) ... but
alas ... no add-in after I install.

Anyone get this to work?

--mike

2. TCP/IP tools for OS/2 URL

3. Creating Office Add-ins with VB.NET

4. How can I mount iso file directly?

5. Visual Studio Add-ins installer doesn't work

6. telnet source address.

7. starting interactive process from windows service(VB.NET OR C#)

8. Digital servo

9. DevStudio V6 Plug-Ins and output window

10. Connect Add-Ins to my own windows application.

11. Writing MMC Snap-ins in VB.Net

12. Add-ins Not Firing?

13. Creating Visual Interdev Add-ins with VB