VS.NET add-ins and customization.

Post by Alexander Oleshe » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:20:22

Very quick question :

I need any sources of information on the topic, besides MSDN articles :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_v...
t/html/vsoriAutomationExtensibilityOverview.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/VSIDE/VSIDE.asp

Any books, articles ?

Thanks a lot,
Alexander

VS.NET add-ins and customization.

Post by Steve Stein [MSFT » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 02:27:10

Alexander,
I'm working on getting some info for you, I'll post as soon as I have more
info.

btw- Have you run the Add-in wizard? You can access it by creating a new
Project, selecting Other Projects/Extensibility Projects in the Project
Types list, and then select Visual Studio.NET Add-in.

--
Steve Stein
Microsoft Corp.

Quote:> Very quick question :

> I need any sources of information on the topic, besides MSDN articles :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_v...
Quote:> t/html/vsoriAutomationExtensibilityOverview.asp
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/VSIDE/VSIDE.asp

> Any books, articles ?

> Thanks a lot,
> Alexander

VS.NET add-ins and customization.

Post by Alexander Oleshe » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:16:37

Steve,

Thanks, I have run this wizard, it has created sort of "template" - so now I
need to add some functionality...

Thanks again,
Alexander

> Alexander,
> I'm working on getting some info for you, I'll post as soon as I have more
> info.

> btw- Have you run the Add-in wizard? You can access it by creating a new
> Project, selecting Other Projects/Extensibility Projects in the Project
> Types list, and then select Visual Studio.NET Add-in.

> --
> Steve Stein
> Microsoft Corp.

rights.

> > Very quick question :

> > I need any sources of information on the topic, besides MSDN articles :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_v...

Quote:> > t/html/vsoriAutomationExtensibilityOverview.asp
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/VSIDE/VSIDE.asp

> > Any books, articles ?

> > Thanks a lot,
> > Alexander

1. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

Has anyone been successful in adding custom built-in functions into
Excel via the .net XP Interop assemblies?

According to MS KB 316723, you have to make sure you build the
deployment project for the Current User, not the machine.  I did that.

Also, in the Add-in path for Excel, I added a string called "Automation"
(from a support call to Microsoft) ... but
alas ... no add-in after I install.

Anyone get this to work?

--mike

2. Cardinal ISDN modem

3. VS.NET add-ins events

4. FS: Sun 15" Color Monitor $75,New in-box

5. VS.NET Add-ins: How to customize ToolBox programmatically?

6. Using print -dgif8

7. Vs Add-ins

8. Help Needed with printer Driver

9. Outlook 2002 COM Add-ins in VS.Net RTM

10. Creating Office Add-ins with VB.NET

11. New group for discussing Visual Studio.NET add-ins

12. how to add add-ins

13. Simple customization of VS.NET project wizards?