VSS6 in Win2k problem

Post by Alan M Dunsmui » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

I have been using VSS6 within VS6 successfully within Win98 for several
months.

I have now migrated (clean installation) to Windows 2000, and find that,
although all other components of VS6 install properly there (as does the
VSS Admin function), VSS6 itself fails on loading with the error
message:

Visual SourceSafe Explorer - Common: SSESP.EXE - Application Error

The instruction at "0x60012d78" referenced memory at "0x00b96004". The
memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

If I click 'CANCEL', I enter VC++ debug mode and, by stepping out of the
portion of code causing the exception, I can get the VSS Explorer to
open properly. But this is clearly a totally unsatisfactory walk-round
for a program development environment.

What is causing this problem?

What do I need to do to get it to go away?
--
Alan M Dunsmuir