disappearing controls

Post by Willy Esteba » Wed, 05 Jun 2002 02:20:56

I have several controls that inherit from combobox. Their main purpose in
life is to know how to fill their list with data. Examples of these are:
VendorComboBox, EmployeeComboBox, AccountingStatusComboBox, etc. All these
controls, for now, are an integral part of the exe assembly. Consequently,
in the control toolbox of VS I have a reference to the EXE. When I build a
form that needs an employee combobox, I just grab it and drop it. All this
works very well, execept, occasionally, and I haven't been able to pin down
excatly what causes this, but all these comboboxes disappear from the form.

Usually, this annoying behavior ocurs after I've dropped another control on
the form and the resx file needs to be updated. Since I'm using SourceSafe,
I'm asked to check out the resx file; once I accept, the comboboxes are
gone! The declaration fo the controls remain present in the windows designer
generated code, but the creation and property settings are gone.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on?

Thanks

Willy

disappearing controls

Post by Mark Michaeli » Wed, 05 Jun 2002 23:38:07

Is is possible that the copy of the form and resx files in Sourcesafe
are old?  In other words, when you retrive the file from SourceSafe
you override the local files that have your controls added?

Mark

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:20:56 -0400, "Willy Esteban"

>I have several controls that inherit from combobox. Their main purpose in
>life is to know how to fill their list with data. Examples of these are:
>VendorComboBox, EmployeeComboBox, AccountingStatusComboBox, etc. All these
>controls, for now, are an integral part of the exe assembly. Consequently,
>in the control toolbox of VS I have a reference to the EXE. When I build a
>form that needs an employee combobox, I just grab it and drop it. All this
>works very well, execept, occasionally, and I haven't been able to pin down
>excatly what causes this, but all these comboboxes disappear from the form.

>Usually, this annoying behavior ocurs after I've dropped another control on
>the form and the resx file needs to be updated. Since I'm using SourceSafe,
>I'm asked to check out the resx file; once I accept, the comboboxes are
>gone! The declaration fo the controls remain present in the windows designer
>generated code, but the creation and property settings are gone.

>Does anyone have any idea of what's going on?

>Thanks

>Willy

1. Disappearing Controls

Has anyone had a situation where they developed a form and the controls
disappeared after closing the form and reopening it. If I look at the
properties toolbox all my control are still there.... I just can't see them
on the form in design or run time. The code in the Designer section still
has all the control references.

Help

2. Q:Reversing Image Problem

3. Possible to write constructor templates within non-template classes ?

4. InterTrust Electronic Commerce Platform

5. Any update in 2003 of the disappearing controls bug

6. How can I send a message to another station???

7. Disappearing controls from aspx

8. All Controls on Form Disappeared When Deleting One Control

9. Child Controls disappear when changing properties of parent control

10. WebBrowser control/web disappears after hiding/showing

11. Controls disappear from inherited usercontrol on compile