Can't connect with VS 2003 (Beginner)

Post by Thomas Lerchne » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:27:43

Hi,

I'm new to the compact framework and I can't connect the Visual Studio 2003
Final Beta with the Windows CE
4.1 device. It can connect to the PC with ActiveSync.

I tried to find any documentation of how to connect the
PC and the device but I could not find any.

Please let me know what do and what to include in to the image that it
connects.

Thomas

Can't connect with VS 2003 (Beginner)

Post by jose baldner [Msf » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 08:34:22

Hi Thomas,

1- What is your desktop OS and Language?
      if it s non english. probably you need a fix for some DLLs.
2- What is your Active Sync Version ? did you upgraded it recently?
     if you upgraded Active Sync after install Visual Studio. you need a
fix for your registry

 let me know

Thanks,
Jose Baldner [MS]

--------------------

| Subject: Can't connect with VS 2003 (Beginner)
| Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:27:43 +0200

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Hi,
|
| I'm new to the compact framework and I can't connect the Visual Studio
2003
| Final Beta with the Windows CE
| 4.1 device. It can connect to the PC with ActiveSync.
|
| I tried to find any documentation of how to connect the
| PC and the device but I could not find any.
|
| Please let me know what do and what to include in to the image that it
| connects.
|
| Thomas

Can't connect with VS 2003 (Beginner)

Post by Cedri » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 21:15:46

Search the thread named "Connection problems to PockPC (I've read alot but
no answer so far, plz help me)..."

--
Cedric
Visual C# .Net Developer, Belgium

> Hi,

> I'm new to the compact framework and I can't connect the Visual Studio
2003
> Final Beta with the Windows CE
> 4.1 device. It can connect to the PC with ActiveSync.

> I tried to find any documentation of how to connect the
> PC and the device but I could not find any.

> Please let me know what do and what to include in to the image that it
> connects.

> Thomas

Can't connect with VS 2003 (Beginner)

Post by Thomas Lerchne » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:03:38

Thanks alot.
I found in the Thread an update for three dll's.
I installed them and now it works.

Thomas

> Search the thread named "Connection problems to PockPC (I've read alot but
> no answer so far, plz help me)..."

> --
> Cedric
> Visual C# .Net Developer, Belgium

> > Hi,

> > I'm new to the compact framework and I can't connect the Visual Studio
> 2003
> > Final Beta with the Windows CE
> > 4.1 device. It can connect to the PC with ActiveSync.

> > I tried to find any documentation of how to connect the
> > PC and the device but I could not find any.

> > Please let me know what do and what to include in to the image that it
> > connects.

> > Thomas

1. Can't connect to device with VS.NET 2003

I have an device application that runs fine on the emulator but I can not
get it to run when deploying to the Pocket PC device.  I get an error
stating that a connection can not be established and to make sure my device
is physically connected to the development machine.  My Pocket PC 2002
device is connected with Active Sync 2.6.

I compared the setup in VS.NET 2002 with SDE installed to my setup and found
that it is using TCP Accept Transport but on the VS.NET machine this is not
a selection in the transport dropdown.

Any suggestions?

dan...

2. X on Mapped Drives

3. VS 2003 beginners book recommendation

4. PTC "maintenance" discounts anybody?

5. VS.Net 2003 beta2 vs VS.Net 2003

6. W2K internet speed when using ICSW

7. Trouble connecting to iPAQ from VS.Net 2003

8. DirectDraw primitives?

9. VS.NET 2003 Final Beta - > VS.NET 2003 Final -> ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Start Page not connected in VS 2003

11. VS .NET 2003 beta cannot connect to IIS

12. vs.net 2003 C# and Crystal reports - Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters

13. Help: VS.NET 2003 cannot connect to Pocket PC