Drop-Down Columns in Datagrid Control

Post by Pat O'Keeff » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Could someone please tell me how to add drop-down columns to individual
columns of a datagrid control in visual basic, you can display the
button to drop down but I have know idea how to assign a list to
the column!!

1. User control (drop-down list) in editable datagrid.

I have a drop down list in a user control. When using it
on a simple insert screen it works fine. If however it is
used in an editable datgrid, I can only extract the first
item from the list instead of the selected one, using the
following code:

Dim temp As ulhDropDownList = e.Item.Cells(1).FindControl
("Site")
Dim txtSite As String = temp.strSelected

See attahched file for full code.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

Many thanks.

  Edit_User_Horizontal_old.aspx
8K Download

2. Extracting Info from Group Files

3. drop-down in the Grid column?

4. Comp.Sys.Acorn.FAQ part 2 of 4

5. retrive preselected value in second drop down list from the first drop down list

6. Egan's Spam

7. Drop-down List Embedded On A Datagrid

8. Why does the Intel386 box reboot when entering the protected mode?

9. DataGrid question: drop-down edit?

10. Drop-down controls in .net

11. Drop-Down Menu Web Control... how do I do this?!

12. Databinding DataTable's Column to a drop down list

13. Drop Down List with multiple columns ?