sending xml layout to sql server using vb.net and dbgrid

sending xml layout to sql server using vb.net and dbgrid

Post by noor » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 01:32:46

Hi
May be some one come across this scenario.
I have a vb.net application and on that I have used dbgrid to display
data from table.
I want user to have ability to select any number of rows they want and
those selected rows should then be converted into xml, be sent to
stored procedure in sql server for further processing.
Any one who has dealt this please advice me with the best possible
approaches to achieve this task.

Thanks in advance

sending xml layout to sql server using vb.net and dbgrid

Post by Josh Pollar » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 01:56:54

Why do they have to be converted to xml? Why not just loop through the
datagrid and send the raw information through stored procedures? Why add
another layer to the problem?

------------------------------
Josh Pollard
http://josh.glmotorsports.net

>Hi
>May be some one come across this scenario.
>I have a vb.net application and on that I have used dbgrid to display
>data from table.
>I want user to have ability to select any number of rows they want and
>those selected rows should then be converted into xml, be sent to
>stored procedure in sql server for further processing.
>Any one who has dealt this please advice me with the best possible
>approaches to achieve this task.

>Thanks in advance

1. Import xml in SQL server (vb.net)

Hi,

I need to write a module to import an XML file into SQL Server (in vb.net).
I'm unable to use the SQLXML libraries because the server is a shared
internet database.

Does anybody know a good article/site that can get me started?  Most
articles i found where about SQLXML.
Would it be a good idea to just read everything in a dataset and then using
that to fill the table?

Thanks in advance
---
Tim De Vogel
S-Data NV

2. RP06 Disk Drive

3. saving image data to SQL server using VB.NET

4. Where can one get help with FP2002 e-commerce add-on?

5. Best way to import data from text file to sql server (Using VB.NET or C#)?

6. Agfa P3400A Help!!!!!

7. insert chinese character into SQL Server using vb.net

8. Linux and Minix devices marking.

9. VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET USA/Canada

10. VB.NET Extracting Specific Elements within XML Generated File to Send Email

11. Send XML to an HTTP server and get the server XML response back

12. vb.net.. send email using exchange

13. how to send array to crystal report using vb.net