HELP PLEASE - Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication1'...

HELP PLEASE - Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication1'...

Post by Laurent Allardi » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:17:55

Hello,

I never seen something like that. Most of the time I am working with VS.NET
with WINXP did not have that kind of problem.

Now I am working at my customer place with VS.NET on a Win2K Pro machine,
and VS.NET give me that error :

Unable to create Web Project 'WebApplication1'. The file path
'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1' does not correspond to the URL
'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. The two need to map to the same server
location. The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response.

Any idea, cause the only thing I can see is to reinstall the machine...

Thank you!

Laurent Allardin, MCSD
2K1Soft Solutions
www.2k1soft.com

HELP PLEASE - Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication1'...

Post by Robin Sh » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 22:16:10

Please verify that the IIS on that Win2K pro work fine, then verify that
http://localhost on that machine correspond to c:\inetpub\wwwroot properly.

Don't make the VS.NET Web Project Cache or Project Location point to your
wwwroot folder or any subfolder therein.

Try search google for some similar discussions before.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Robin

HELP PLEASE - Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication1'...

Post by ozgur ipe » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:41:54

I had the same problem (with the same error message)a few days ago. I then
discovered that the proxy server in our company network is preventing this
(Although the IIS is in my local machine). I changed the my internet
explorer LAN setting not to use the proxy server to connect to internet.
Then the problem solved and I began to be able to create web projects. Of
course when I need to connect to internet I change the my IE setting to use
the proxy server.

Quote:> Please verify that the IIS on that Win2K pro work fine, then verify that
> http://localhost on that machine correspond to c:\inetpub\wwwroot
properly.

> Don't make the VS.NET Web Project Cache or Project Location point to your
> wwwroot folder or any subfolder therein.

> Try search google for some similar discussions before.

> Hope it helps.

> Regards,
> Robin

rights.

1. Unable create web project - Please Help!

I am not able to create any web project! I get following
error whenever I say New Project

The default Web access mode for this project is set to
file share,but the project folder
at 'http://localhost/WebApplication1' cannot be opened
with the path 'c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1'.The
error returned was:

            Unable to open Web
project 'WebApplication1'.The file
path 'c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1' does not
correspond to the
url 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'.The two need to
map to the same server location.HTTP Error 407:Proxy
Authentication Required

Pl. help! I am COMPLETELY blocked because of this!

My m/c has FAT partition!

Thanks In Advance
Sachin

2. Epson Fx 880

3. VB.NET Property 'Font' is 'ReadOnly' - Please Help!!

4. SUn E250 F/S

5. Please Help: Can't create Web Services Client

6. How to change file date/time stamp ?

7. Can't create web service client - please help!

8. Bill Reminder Icon

9. Could not load type 'WebApplication1.Global'

10. Can't create an ASP.NET Web Service project..help?

11. Can't open old project och create new web project in Visual InterDev 6

12. Unable to build project output group '<output group>'

13. Error: Unable to read the project file 'xxx'.