Reding messages from the Smtp server provided all the pemission using ASP.NET 2.0

Reding messages from the Smtp server provided all the pemission using ASP.NET 2.0

Post by Kiran » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 03:50:02

Hi All,

I tried searching in google , but didn't find any good link on the same ,
just wanted to know is it possible to read the mails from smtp server
through ASP.NET 2.0 , where i can read them and display in my application ,
basically just wanted to read whether the user has replied to mail.

I tried going through System.Net.Mail , found only DeliveryNotificationOptions
, if any one has any idea , please let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Kiran Kawalli

Reding messages from the Smtp server provided all the pemission using ASP.NET 2.0

Post by Glen » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 03:54:54

SMTP is for sending, not receiving.  POP/POP3 is for receiving.

You would need to log on to the user's POP server (using their user ID/
password) to know if the message has been picked up.  Even then, you
would not know if it had been opened/read.

...Glenn

Quote:> Hi All,

> I tried searching in google , but didn't find any good link on the same ,
> just wanted to know is it possible to read the mails from smtp server
> through ASP.NET 2.0 , where i can read them and display in my application ,
> basically just wanted to read whether the user has replied to mail.

> I tried going through System.Net.Mail , found only DeliveryNotificationOptions
> , if any one has any idea , please let me know.

> Thanks and Regards
> Kiran Kawalli

Reding messages from the Smtp server provided all the pemission using ASP.NET 2.0

Post by blog.crisatunity.c » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 03:57:00

No it is not possible to read the mails from any SMTP server.  SMTP
has nothing to do with storing mail messages.

Quote:> Hi All,

> I tried searching in google , but didn't find any good link on the same ,
> just wanted to know is it possible to read the mails from smtp server
> through ASP.NET 2.0 , where i can read them and display in my application ,
> basically just wanted to read whether the user has replied to mail.

> I tried going through System.Net.Mail , found only DeliveryNotificationOptions
> , if any one has any idea , please let me know.

> Thanks and Regards
> Kiran Kawalli

1. vb.net /asp.net 2.0 duble click issue with button and provided code also

Hi all

I have a webpage on which i have put 2 textboxes and two buttons.Based
on click of button i am getting data in separate gridview.i have
applied javascript validation also so should not left blank(textboxes)
even for javascript validation i;e; alert it takes twice click to
popup alert message.it is happening only when first time page loads
and also when any of the button is first time clicked, next time
onwards it functions properly on the same page load(on first click it
populates data or javascript validation).
Can anybody tell me where is the problem why first time it is asking
for double clicking of button to populate the data or javascript
validation

Like this is the code:-

Protected Sub btnSearchEffective_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs)

        btnSearchEffective.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"javascript:msgalert('" + txtFromEffectiveDate.ClientID + "','" +
txtToEffectiveDate.ClientID + "');")
        PanelGVEffectiveDate.Visible = True
        PanelGVDateAdded.Visible = False
        PanelForDefaultSearch.Visible = False
        Dim dbcon As SqlConnection
        dbcon = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.
\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\HRISDB.mdf;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True")
        dbcon.Open()
        Dim dbcom As SqlCommand
        dbcom = New SqlCommand()
        dbcom.Connection = dbcon
        dbcom.CommandType = CommandType.Text
        GridView1.DataSourceID = "SqlDataSource1"
        GridView1.DataBind()

    End Sub

Thanks in advance
Dhananjay DJ

2. Extended File Attributes question

3. Sending mails in ASP.NET C# 2008 using Virtual SMTP Server (local)

4. New release of PINE 3.91 for VMS - Beta 11 - is now available

5. Stop processing after a error message in ASP.NET 2.0

6. Changing read-only local IP address

7. Providing different interfaces in an ASP.NET Composite Custom Server Control

8. Bitmap problems

9. ASP.NET 1.1 & ASP.NET 2.0 in same webserver, is this allowed?

10. what is the difference between ASP.NET 1.0 Vs ASP.NET 2.0

11. Sending Mails through SMTP protocol in ASP.Net 2.0 application

12. Sending/recieving Mails through SMTP protocol in ASP.Net 2.0 application

13. ASP.NET 2.0 not connecting to SQL Server (not web.config)