Visual Studio Installation Error: 1317

Post by Gauta » Fri, 16 May 2003 01:41:50

I am trying to install Visual studio.NET in my D drive.
In the middle of the installation it gives an error:1317

Error Description : Error occured while attempting to
create the directory "D:\Program Files"

Can anyone help?

1. Error 1317 during VS Studio .Net installation

System: W2K SP3 Components installation ok!

I have to install VS Studio .Net 2002 on another partition than that
where WINNT resides. So I change the directory to E:\Programs\Visual
Studio ... at the beginning of the install procedure.
The installation process than goes on for a while and stops with a
prompt: Error 1317. Can't create directory E:\Programs\Visual Studio ...
although in the meantime the setup created exactly that directory
filling it with myriads of files.

Of course I did stop all other non necessary services like AV program
and firewall.

Thanks for any advice!

Michael

2. ATAPI bootable CD's

3. Installation Error 1317 Error creating dir.

4. DOC driver

5. NT installation error 1317

6. framegrabbing

7. Error during installation of Visual Studio .NET

8. HELP! MY FP HOME PAGE IS GONE!

9. Visual Studio Installation Error

10. Installation Error on Visual Studio .NET CD1

11. Visual Studio Installation Error "htmutil.dll"

12. Installation Visual Studio 2005 Error (dotnetfx.exe)

13. Error 1911 during Visual Studio.NET installation