Colored Progress Bars

Post by Ashees » Thu, 29 May 2003 15:00:36

Hi All,

I'm creating an application in which I need to display the progress the
users using the colored progress bars.
The progress bar available as part of the Compact Framework controls doesn't
have any property by which I can change the colors of the bars displayed.

Is there a way where I can do this or do I need to create my own custom
control?

Any pointers in this direction will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Asheesh

Colored Progress Bars

Post by Chris Tacke, eMV » Thu, 29 May 2003 20:22:59

This is really simple. Make a custom control and use FillRect in the OnPaint
handler for the control.

-Chris

Quote:> Hi All,

> I'm creating an application in which I need to display the progress the
> users using the colored progress bars.
> The progress bar available as part of the Compact Framework controls
doesn't
> have any property by which I can change the colors of the bars displayed.

> Is there a way where I can do this or do I need to create my own custom
> control?

> Any pointers in this direction will be deeply appreciated.

> Regards,
> Asheesh

Colored Progress Bars

Post by Ashees » Fri, 30 May 2003 18:51:20

Hello Chris,

Thanks a lot for your reply, but I'm not too comfortable in creating custom
controls. It be great if you provide some sample code or links which does
the same. I'll deeply appreciate it.

Thanks & regards,
Asheesh

> This is really simple. Make a custom control and use FillRect in the
OnPaint
> handler for the control.

> -Chris

> > Hi All,

> > I'm creating an application in which I need to display the progress the
> > users using the colored progress bars.
> > The progress bar available as part of the Compact Framework controls
> doesn't
> > have any property by which I can change the colors of the bars
displayed.

> > Is there a way where I can do this or do I need to create my own custom
> > control?

> > Any pointers in this direction will be deeply appreciated.

> > Regards,
> > Asheesh

Colored Progress Bars

Post by Tim Wilson [MVP » Fri, 30 May 2003 20:24:04

Download the source code for the BatteryLife control, this should show you
how to do it:
http://www.opennetcf.org/batterylife.asp

--
Tim Wilson
Windows Embedded MVP

> Hello Chris,

> Thanks a lot for your reply, but I'm not too comfortable in creating
custom
> controls. It be great if you provide some sample code or links which does
> the same. I'll deeply appreciate it.

> Thanks & regards,
> Asheesh

> > This is really simple. Make a custom control and use FillRect in the
> OnPaint
> > handler for the control.

> > -Chris

> > > Hi All,

> > > I'm creating an application in which I need to display the progress
the
> > > users using the colored progress bars.
> > > The progress bar available as part of the Compact Framework controls
> > doesn't
> > > have any property by which I can change the colors of the bars
> displayed.

> > > Is there a way where I can do this or do I need to create my own
custom
> > > control?

> > > Any pointers in this direction will be deeply appreciated.

> > > Regards,
> > > Asheesh

Colored Progress Bars

Post by Ashees » Fri, 30 May 2003 20:27:24

Thanks a lot Tim, I really appreciate your help.
Regards,
Asheesh

> Download the source code for the BatteryLife control, this should show you
> how to do it:
> http://www.opennetcf.org/batterylife.asp

> --
> Tim Wilson
> Windows Embedded MVP

> > Hello Chris,

> > Thanks a lot for your reply, but I'm not too comfortable in creating
> custom
> > controls. It be great if you provide some sample code or links which
does
> > the same. I'll deeply appreciate it.

> > Thanks & regards,
> > Asheesh

> > > This is really simple. Make a custom control and use FillRect in the
> > OnPaint
> > > handler for the control.

> > > -Chris

> the
> > > doesn't
> > displayed.

> custom

1. Progress bar colour

anyone know how to change the colour of a progress bar.

I am running it on a blue coloured form, so a white bar would be nice.  whenever i load the form it automatically uses the colour my windows scheme is set to.

thanx in advance
john

2. Eval version of SQL in Direct Access Action Pack?

3. IE progress bar progress appears even after the page has been loaded

4. Basic questions

5. Jacob Grass (MVP) Re: [Q] Progress Bar within Status Bar

6. Psion Censorship - Proof

7. Progress Bar within Status Bar

8. Help: Memory capacity exceeded :(

9. Progress bar in Status bar

10. How to put progress bar in status bar panel

11. Progress Bar in Status Bar?

12. How can I place a progress bar on a status bar?