Visual C# .net Standard / Visual Studio .net

Visual C# .net Standard / Visual Studio .net

Post by MattSta » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:26:20

Hi,

I can't afford to buy Visual Studio .net instead I am looking at Visual C#
.net Standard edition. This presumably has visual development tools but
what would I be missing out on by buying this and not Vis.Stud. .net? Am I
massively limiting what I can achieve in the .net environment? Or is VS
.net only necessary for very serious development projects?

Thanks and regards,

..matthew

Visual C# .net Standard / Visual Studio .net

Post by Thomas Scheidegger [MVP] NETMaste » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:45:20

Check this table:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/vcsharp/howtobuy/choosing.asp

The most missing features could be the library wizards ...
for a 'workaround':
   http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OsTdDlBDCHA.2004%40tkmsftngp02

   http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=O9vIryEACHA.2284%40tkmsftngp02

--
 Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
 http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_dotnet.html - http://dnetmaster.net/

> I am looking at Visual C# .net Standard edition.

Visual C# .net Standard / Visual Studio .net

Post by Michae » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:53:37

Quote:> Hi,

> I can't afford to buy Visual Studio .net instead I am looking at Visual C#
> .net Standard edition. This presumably has visual development tools but
> what would I be missing out on by buying this and not Vis.Stud. .net? Am I
> massively limiting what I can achieve in the .net environment? Or is VS
> .net only necessary for very serious development projects?

Maybe, this is obvious, but you wouldn't get the other languages, such as
Visual Basic  and C++, but that may mean nothing if you're not going to use
those languages.

Visual C# .net Standard / Visual Studio .net

Post by Jon Davi » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:32:38

Actually you do miss out on components development, server development
tools, NT service creation, and Mobile Web Forms.  Having all of these on
hand, I believe, is essential for a professional web or enterprise
developer, but if you just want to write ASP.NET web apps or C#
applications, Visual C# is sufficient.

Thomas's URL is a good one,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vcsharp/howtobuy/choosing.asp

Jon

Quote:> Hi,

> I can't afford to buy Visual Studio .net instead I am looking at Visual C#
> .net Standard edition. This presumably has visual development tools but
> what would I be missing out on by buying this and not Vis.Stud. .net? Am I
> massively limiting what I can achieve in the .net environment? Or is VS
> .net only necessary for very serious development projects?

> Thanks and regards,

> ..matthew

1. Differences between Visual C# .Net Standard and Visual Studio.Net Professional

I was curious if you anyone knows the differences between
Visual C# .Net Standard and Visual Studio.Net Professional
besides the fact that Professional has VB and C++ support?
Any major features left out of C# Standard that are in
Professional?  I'm a little confused on pricing.  Why
would MS charge $999 for Professional and $99 for each of
the Standard packages?

-Dale

2. Upgrade

3. Visual C#.Net Standard vs Visual Studio.Net

4. Indelible Blue FAX number?

5. "Visual Basic .NET Standard " vs. "Visual Studio .NET"

6. Connect w or w/o tcpip

7. Visual Basic .NET Standard vs. Visual Studio .NET Professional

8. AMIGA ACTION NEEDS HELP

9. Visual Studio .NET on .NET Standard Server (3590)

10. Will .NET Compact Framework work with Visual C# .NET Standard edition?

11. Visual Studio .NET 2003 vs. Visual C++ .NET 2003

12. Visual Basic.Net vs Visual Studio.Net

13. Visual Studio .Net or Visual Basic .Net