Application Icon and Forms

Post by Jeff Wals » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:07:19

My application consists of a solution with many projects,
each of which has many forms. How can I automatically
propagate the icon from the main form to all the other
forms in my app without having to go into each form's
property dialog and setting it explicitly?

I have tried setting the application icon for each DLL in
the solution but this did not work.

Thanks,
Jeff

Application Icon and Forms

Post by Jayesh Pate » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:30:10

You can assign in the icon programatically in the form's init()..

Quote:> My application consists of a solution with many projects,
> each of which has many forms. How can I automatically
> propagate the icon from the main form to all the other
> forms in my app without having to go into each form's
> property dialog and setting it explicitly?

> I have tried setting the application icon for each DLL in
> the solution but this did not work.

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Application Icon and Forms

Post by Jeff Wals » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 07:13:02

Yes, but this means changing each form in my app (several
hundred at last count).   There must be a way to set a
default icon globally.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You can assign in the icon programatically in the form's
init()..

1. Activating an application form after opening the application

Hi,
I am trying to activate the starter form of my application. it does not get
the focus as default. If I try to show the form as modal it gets the focus
but I have to call ShowDialog method. But the form is already shown it means
load the form twice. So if is tried to be closed the screen flickers because
there are two form. One of them modal and one of them modeless. Is there a
way to start the starter form of the application as modal. Or how can I get
the focus automatically after startting my application. (I've also tried the
activate and focus method of the form)

Many thanks

Goksel

2. LiveWire users:

3. Windows icons in your own application

4. Yamaha 4260..Got one? Buy it online?

5. Change application icon at runtime

6. Custom Properties: Help Please

7. Send application Icon in systemtray

8. Transparency in Application Icons - 1 more time.

9. Application Icon

10. Application Icon again

11. How to get the small keyboard icon and keyboard in the application

12. Assigning an icon to application