CR.NET 2003: CR reports no longer work

Post by Douglas Macnguye » Thu, 29 May 2003 09:38:59

I converted and rebuilt my VS 2002 project in VS 2003 with no problem. But
when I open a page containing a CR Viewer, system crashes with the following
exception:

"The base class includes the field 'crvReportViewer', but its type
(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type
of control (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer)."

Did anyone run into the same problem and find a solution for it?

TIA,
Douglas

CR.NET 2003: CR reports no longer work

Post by Tian Min Hua » Thu, 29 May 2003 11:33:04

Hi Douglas,

The reason is that your project still reference to
CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll of the version 9.1.3300.0 which ships
with Visual Studio .NET 2002 and the reference should be updated to version
9.1.5000.0 in Visual Studio .NET 2003. Please perform the following steps
to resolve this problem:

1. Save the project and close VS.NET 2003.

2.  Open the <ProjectName>.vbproj.user file in Notepad and delete the
following line:

<Settings ReferencePath =
"c:\windows\assembly\gac\crystaldecisions.windows.forms\9.1.3300.0__692fbea5
521e1304
\" >

3.  Save the file and then open the project in VS.NET 2003. Rebuild the
project.

HTH

Regards,
HuangTM

CR.NET 2003: CR reports no longer work

Post by Douglas Macnguye » Thu, 29 May 2003 18:20:08

Hello Tian,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it but still get the same error message.
It seems that the VS 2003 installation did not do a complete job in
converting all references to the old 2002 assemblies to the new ones.

Douglas

Quote:> Hi Douglas,

> The reason is that your project still reference to
> CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll of the version 9.1.3300.0 which ships
> with Visual Studio .NET 2002 and the reference should be updated to
version
> 9.1.5000.0 in Visual Studio .NET 2003. Please perform the following steps
> to resolve this problem:

> 1. Save the project and close VS.NET 2003.

> 2.  Open the <ProjectName>.vbproj.user file in Notepad and delete the
> following line:

> <Settings ReferencePath =

"c:\windows\assembly\gac\crystaldecisions.windows.forms\9.1.3300.0__692fbea5

Quote:> 521e1304
> \" >

> 3.  Save the file and then open the project in VS.NET 2003. Rebuild the
> project.

> HTH

> Regards,
> HuangTM
rights.

CR.NET 2003: CR reports no longer work

Post by Tian Min Hua » Thu, 29 May 2003 23:23:17

Hi Douglas,

Please check the version of CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll on your
system.

Regards,
HuangTM

1. CR.NET 2003 - chart with dual axis => Data2XXX settings ignored ?

-- I apologize for cross-posting but this one is really urgent ;-) --

Hi,

I'm using VS .NET 2003 + CR.NET to display a dual-axes line chart. I
want to set the Data2LabelFont and/or Data2Title. The chart expert sets
them correctly initially, but any further attemp to customize the chart
using the "titles ...", "Grid ..." or "Template ..." strips the
Data2Title from the chart.
Furthermore, I'm never able to set the Data2LabelFont, it is completely
ignored by Crystal.

The same stands for group labels, nothing is displayed regardless of the
"Show Labels" check box value in the "Group Axis" tab of the "Grid ..."
dialog box.

Is this a known bug (I saw a similar open issue in the bug databse
regarding Crystal Reports 6) ? I've seen someone using Crystal 8; he did
the trick using the Report Analyser, unfortunately CR.NET does not have
any report analyser :(

Is there a way to do it programmatically ? I can get a reference to a
GraphObject instance, but I don't know how to go from there ...

Any help on this topic much appreciated !

-S

2. Super high CPU utilization

3. CR.NET - LOGON Failed Exception

4. Best Image Pattern Matching Algo

5. CR.NET

6. Which AutoCAD Version should i purchase

7. CR.NET Web Deployment

8. Parallel I/O and Joysticks

9. CR.NET Viewer for IE

10. CR.NET error

11. CR.NET Export Stream As HTML format

12. Err.Msg: "Load Report Failed." by CR in VS.NET

13. CR 10 Windows 2003 OLE