Webservice consummation issue from an pocketPC .net SDE program : abnormal time before the response is get

Webservice consummation issue from an pocketPC .net SDE program : abnormal time before the response is get

Post by Past » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:04:04

Hi all,

I have created a pocketPC .net SDE program that consumes web services
from my .net server set up on a LAN.

It works fine, but at execution time I can notice an abnormal process
time length before I can get the answer from the web service in my
client code.

The issue is not on the network side : call the WS from a browser and
you get the answer instantly

Has someone notice poor performances issue with client .net SDE
program consuming web services ?

Is there something in my code that can cause this lack of
performances?

Nb : I use a server IP address and not a machine name in the WS url
(DNS is not involved)
Nb2 : if I do a P2P connection between the server and the PDA,
performances are still poor

If that due to beta state of the SDE ?

Thanks for your answer

1. Chunk Length Error while getting response from Webservice

Hi All,

We are working on  an Application for Pocket PC 2002,
developing using VB.Net. THe application is getting data
from Webservice having Apache Tomcat (axis) implementation

We get response from Webservice for about 12kb+. We are
using Xmltextreader to read the stream and do Processing...
Then it is inserted/updated to SQl CE Database.

We are getting error of "The Chunk Length was not Valid"
after processing a part of stream.

Can any one help me to understand what this error is about?

Regards,

Manish

2. Mini-FAQ update - Upgrading the TransWarp GS/Zip GS

3. Time-out waiting for response from webservice

4. Win2k + ActiveX + Visual C++

5. need single instance of program running in .net cf pocketpc

6. 123w4.01 GPF in when loading

7. Visual Interdev crashes, abnormal program termination

8. Multi 3c509B card on x86 BSP

9. Abnormal Program Termination

10. SDE vs PocketPC SDK

11. After installing VS .NET when I am getting an error using ADODB stuff

12. Dynamic WebService Response in .NET?