Office Web Charts DotNet Compatibility Issue

Office Web Charts DotNet Compatibility Issue

Post by Chuck Cob » Fri, 31 May 2002 19:34:47

I have a VB application that I've converted to DotNet that uses the Office
Web Chart Components to draw graphs.  There is apparently an incompatibility
between the OWC10.DLL component and DotNet Interop Services.

The application fails on the following call:
    Dim objBinaryData As Object = ChartSpaceObj.GetPicture(FileType,
ChartWidth, ChartHeight)

with the following error:
   System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeArrayTypeMismatchException: Specified
array was not of the expected type

Apparently DotNet Interop Services doesn't like the variable that OWC10.DLL
is attempting to return, but its returning an "Object".  Inside of the
object is a binary array of the form Byte(), but I haven't even gotten to
the point of doing a type conversion on it.  It fails when it trys to
receive it as an object.  I'm not sure I understand why this is happening.
Is DotNet looking inside of the Object variable and finding something it
doesn't like?  Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Chuck

Office Web Charts DotNet Compatibility Issue

Post by Julian Gonzalez [MS » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 17:31:21

You might try dotnet.framework.interop.

--
Julian Gonzalez
Microsoft Corporation

1. Office Web Charts DotNet Compatibility Issue

[...]

2. FixPacks etc...

3. Office Web Charts Compatibility Issue

4. FP2000 Fails to Open

5. office 2000 chart web control problem

6. Is my theory right???

7. Office web component CHART question

8. disable DMA ChipRAM transfer

9. charts in .net w/ office web components

10. charts in .net with office web components

11. Crystal Reports Web Form Chart Display Issue in VS.net

12. URGENT Help : Office XP OWC 10 Chart - Events Not Working

13. URGENT : Office XP OWC 10 Chart - Events Not Working