HELP!!! - Need to make JScript Default Language

HELP!!! - Need to make JScript Default Language

Post by Evan K. Ston » Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:00:00

HELP!!!!

I need to make JScript the default scripting language in Interdev WITHOUT A
PROJECT. Is there *any way* to do this (even if it's a registry hack)? I
can't take working in HomeSite any more!

Thanks!

Evan K. Stone
Web Developer
Petaluma, CA
http://www.mmlive.com

(remove 'NOSPAM' to reply via e-mail)

HELP!!! - Need to make JScript Default Language

Post by Jon Davi » Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Not sure, it does look like per-project is the only way to do it.  Here's what the help file says, which I'm sure you've already read:

Choosing a Language for ASP Files

To change the scripting language for an ASP file

  1.. With nothing selected in the editor, choose Property Pages from the View menu.

  2.. In the Property Pages dialog box, choose the General tab, and then under Default scripting language, choose the language in the Server list.

You can set the default for all new ASP pages you create.

To reset the default scripting language for new ASP pages

  1.. Right-click a project in the Project Explorer, and then choose Properties.

  2.. In the Property Pages dialog box, choose the Editor Defaults tab.

  3.. Under Default script language, select the language you want in the Server list.
If you change the default scripting language, new files you create will reflect the change, but the specified scripting language in your existing files will not change.

- Jon

> HELP!!!!

> I need to make JScript the default scripting language in Interdev WITHOUT A
> PROJECT. Is there *any way* to do this (even if it's a registry hack)? I
> can't take working in HomeSite any more!

> Thanks!

> Evan K. Stone
> Web Developer
> Petaluma, CA
> http://www.mmlive.com

> (remove 'NOSPAM' to reply via e-mail)

HELP!!! - Need to make JScript Default Language

Post by SkyRide » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Just change
                             VBScript  to
                             JScript
as your default server-side language.
I already set it like this 3 months ago and work on it till now. It works fine.
JScript is really better for C/C++ Programmers.

--
Happy programming!

SkyRider
Http://skyrider.yeah.net