Database book for ADO.NET

Post by David Co » Wed, 28 May 2003 22:48:57

I think that the best book on ADO.NET is "Microsoft
ADO.NET Core Reference" by David Sceppa.  I particularly
like chapter 11, "Advanced Updating Scenarios."  This
chapter deals with real-world situations beyond submitting
simple update queries.  It addresses retrieving rows after
submitting an update, submitting updates using stored
procedures, updating more than one table and handling
hierarchical data (ie data between related tables).  And
it addresses, SQL Server, Oracle, and MS Access
individually.  And, it provides examples in VB and C#.

It is hard for me to imagine a better book.  Thanks to
David Sceppa for a superb work.

Database book for ADO.NET

Post by Nick » Thu, 29 May 2003 12:11:27

I second that! David Sceppa's book has saved my ass on several
occasions. Real scenarios, and real answers!

I think that the best book on ADO.NET is "Microsoft
ADO.NET Core Reference" by David Sceppa.  I particularly
like chapter 11, "Advanced Updating Scenarios."  This
chapter deals with real-world situations beyond submitting
simple update queries.  It addresses retrieving rows after
submitting an update, submitting updates using stored
procedures, updating more than one table and handling
hierarchical data (ie data between related tables).  And
it addresses, SQL Server, Oracle, and MS Access
individually.  And, it provides examples in VB and C#.

It is hard for me to imagine a better book.  Thanks to
David Sceppa for a superb work.

Database book for ADO.NET

Post by David Scep » Fri, 30 May 2003 07:36:22

     Thank you for the kind words.

David Sceppa
Microsoft
and confers no rights.  You assume all risk for your use.
? 2003 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Database book for ADO.NET

Post by Bill » Fri, 30 May 2003 07:48:39

And frankly, I like it too. I keep it on the shelf right next to mine (for a
second opinion).   ;)

--
____________________________________
Bill Vaughn

Quote:

>      Thank you for the kind words.

> David Sceppa
> Microsoft
> and confers no rights.  You assume all risk for your use.
> ? 2003 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

1. Just read davids sceppa's book on ado.net

This is an excellent clear example of ado.net model that is easilly read (2
days), but doesnt go far enough for my current needs, anyone have a good
reading suggestion for implementing ado.net in the middle tiers
(disconnected data & business rules). David if you are reading this i'll
hapilly wait for you to write it in the same style as your ado.net book

Colin

2. Error in spacing with custom made font

3. ADO.NET books

4. Thanks for the Access path info. A new question: Rumba and network

5. book recommendation for ado.net (specific)

6. Tech info on TLZ04 DAT drive wanted!

7. Good books for Resources for ADO.NET?

8. a site on dx2?

9. Book on ADO.NET in C#?

10. Any book available/planned on ADO.NET

11. About ado.net book

12. HELP for book on ADO.net

13. Do you Know Programming ADO.NET Book Examples