Javascript on-click code run from within an xmlDocument() in asp.net?

Javascript on-click code run from within an xmlDocument() in asp.net?

Post by Kath » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 05:59:37

Hi, I'm creating my first (so please be patient) web app in asp.net.

I have a mainframe.aspx and within that a leftframe.aspx and
rightframe.aspx.
The leftframe holds some variables and has a button to load the
appropriate xmlDocument into the rightframe.aspx.

My question:

The xmlDocument is transformed with an xsl stylesheet and I need to do
two things:

When user clicks the Start_timer button within the xmlDocument, I need
to capture the datetime to an element in another DOM or within that
xmlDocument itself. Could I somehow have that happen in the left frame
page? Or whatever!

The other thing I need is to do is when the user clicks the End
button, save the xmlDocument to a string and save it to a db field.

I'm almost clear on the .net (server) javascript (client) big picture.
But just can't get my brain around how to accomplish the above. Any
guidance appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

1. run asp.net code from within a table.

I am writing a website where I am placing all of my html code in a memo
filed of a table.  I then dynamically create the page by opening my
recordset filtered and dumping the html on the page...for example.

<%=(rsHTML.("HTML"))%>

with asp classic, I could not store any asp code along with my html as the
page was already executed by time it opened the recordset.  Has this changed
in asp.net?

alternatively, can you now dynamically select an include file?  For
example...

<!--#include file ="<%=(rsINCLUDE.("INCLUDE"))%>"-->

Thanks - Gary

2. Hover effect/floating box

3. javascript function returns false but the asp.net code still runs

4. Temperature Sensor

5. NEW TO ASP.NET can't I run regular ASP code on ASP.net?

6. The Fast and The Furious Petition

7. Link ASP.NET code behind page on the Server to the Client JavaScript code

8. qnx_segment_get useless ??

9. Asp.net code or javascript code

10. Inability to run an ASP.NET Web Application within VS.NET

11. Run client-side JavaScript when a asp:Button is clicked

12. vb.net /asp.net 2.0 duble click issue with button and provided code also

13. Executing classic ASP code within ASP.NET