New features for Visual Studio

Post by Russell Maso » Wed, 28 May 2003 21:13:59

Hi

With the release of "The most disappointing upgrade ever"
(codename "Visual Studio 2003") I have a whole list of
things I would like to see in the next version (Visual
Studio that is, not the framework).

Working on the assumption that if I don't tell someone
what I want it will never appear, I would like to make
some suggestions.

I once read that Microsoft had a Visual Studio "Wish List"
e-mail address. Does this still exist, and if so does
anyone know what it is? If not does anyone know how you go
about making suggestions for new features?

Thanks
Russell Mason

New features for Visual Studio

Post by Michael Giagnocavo [MVP » Thu, 29 May 2003 00:37:35

I would also suggest that you post to the newsgroups, since MS might
reply to you like that, and you might also find out why certain
features were not included.

Also, Vs.NET 2003 was a point upgrade (7.0 to 7.1) so you shouldn't
expect a world of change.  2004 will be much better :).

-mike
MVP

Quote:> Hi

Post by Frans Boum » Thu, 29 May 2003 17:06:47

Quote:> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp

> I would also suggest that you post to the newsgroups, since MS might
> reply to you like that, and you might also find out why certain
> features were not included.

> Also, Vs.NET 2003 was a point upgrade (7.0 to 7.1) so you shouldn't
> expect a world of change.  2004 will be much better :).

        It will always be better in the next release. :)

        FB

--
Solutions Design              : http://www.sd.nl
My open source .NET Software  : http://www.sd.nl/software

New features for Visual Studio

Post by lee » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:34:14

Will the annoying\unproductive HTML reformatting bug be
fixed in 2004?

1. Visual Studio.Net Features

I was wonering if there was anyone out there demoing Visual Studio.Net that is
familiar with Forte 4GL.

Forte 4GL has been around for at least six years now and has always provided the
ability to develop platform independent applications using a proprietery virtual
machine, which could optionally be converted into C++ and compiled for the target
platform. It also has load-balancing, fail-over, database independence, built in
transaction handling for databases and for objects, invisible distribution of
objects, XML communication between components, support for CORBA, Java, ActiveX,
OLE, access to native system, ability to create web services, and includes a RAD
tool. One of its greatest features is the ability to visually parition an
application into services and then assign those services to any server on your
WAN/LAN. These are just some of the many features.

After reading some articles on .Net I see that the goals of platform indendence,
database independence, XML, and RAD exist. How will database and object
transactions be handled? How will services be created and deployed? Will there be
some central console to manage the distribution of an application over a WAN/LAN?

Regards,
Samer Kanjo

2. How do I run a program automatically?

3. A complete list of features in each version of Visual Studio .NET

4. ProLine BBS v3.1 Released!

5. Visual Studio 6.0 Academic Version full-featured??

6. Script Writing

7. About Visual Studio 6.0 projects on Visual Studio.net

8. Notes 4.5 on Solaris 2.6?

9. Can Visual Studio .NET co-exist with Visual Studio 6 on Win2k?

10. Visual Studio 6.0 and Visual Studio .NET Compatibility

11. Can I installed Visual Studio .Net with Visual Studio 6.0?

12. Visual Studio.net and visual studio 6.0

13. Can not create project in Visual Studio 2002 after installing Visual Studio 2003