vb.net /asp.net 2.0 duble click issue with button and provided code also

vb.net /asp.net 2.0 duble click issue with button and provided code also

Post by Dhananja » Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:28:12

Hi all

I have a webpage on which i have put 2 textboxes and two buttons.Based
on click of button i am getting data in separate gridview.i have
applied javascript validation also so should not left blank(textboxes)
even for javascript validation i;e; alert it takes twice click to
popup alert message.it is happening only when first time page loads
and also when any of the button is first time clicked, next time
onwards it functions properly on the same page load(on first click it
populates data or javascript validation).
Can anybody tell me where is the problem why first time it is asking
for double clicking of button to populate the data or javascript
validation

Like this is the code:-

Protected Sub btnSearchEffective_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs)

        btnSearchEffective.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"javascript:msgalert('" + txtFromEffectiveDate.ClientID + "','" +
txtToEffectiveDate.ClientID + "');")
        PanelGVEffectiveDate.Visible = True
        PanelGVDateAdded.Visible = False
        PanelForDefaultSearch.Visible = False
        Dim dbcon As SqlConnection
        dbcon = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.
\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\HRISDB.mdf;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True")
        dbcon.Open()
        Dim dbcom As SqlCommand
        dbcom = New SqlCommand()
        dbcom.Connection = dbcon
        dbcom.CommandType = CommandType.Text
        GridView1.DataSourceID = "SqlDataSource1"
        GridView1.DataBind()

    End Sub

Thanks in advance
Dhananjay DJ

1. Reding messages from the Smtp server provided all the pemission using ASP.NET 2.0

Hi All,

I tried searching in google , but didn't find any good link on the same ,
just wanted to know is it possible to read the mails from smtp server
through ASP.NET 2.0 , where i can read them and display in my application ,
basically just wanted to read whether the user has replied to mail.

I tried going through System.Net.Mail , found only DeliveryNotificationOptions
, if any one has any idea , please let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Kiran Kawalli

2. DFE95 3.4

3. Bug: Issue with VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO 2.6 on Win2K and IIS 5.0??

4. Class action settlement to Kenwood 40x owners

5. Refresh ASP.net/VB page on button click.

6. Tough one: VMR9 + D3D + Multithreading

7. Bug: Issue with VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO 2.6 on Win2K and IIS 5.0??

8. cc-mode.el and WinEMACS 1.35

9. Problem Taking Screen Shot of client system using asp.net (vb.net) code

10. VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET USA/Canada

11. ASP.NET 1.1 & ASP.NET 2.0 in same webserver, is this allowed?

12. what is the difference between ASP.NET 1.0 Vs ASP.NET 2.0

13. asp.net/vb.et issue with textbox and button please urgent