Visual C#.Net Standard vs Visual Studio.Net

Visual C#.Net Standard vs Visual Studio.Net

Post by Scott Goo » Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:13:45

I apologize if this is a stupid question.  With the
exception of the lack of Crystal Reports in the Visual
C#.Net Standard edition, what is the difference between
Visual Studio C#.Net Standard edition and Visual
Studio.Net.  I know Visual Studio.Net handles many
languages besides C#, but what other features are there
that is not included in the C# version.  I plan on using
scrictly C# in my project.

If someone can answer my question that would be great.  I
plan on buying one of the two software packages at the end
of the next week.

Visual C#.Net Standard vs Visual Studio.Net

Post by user » Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:03:49

I know there are some templates missing (when you create a new project) in
the standard edition.

Quote:

> I apologize if this is a stupid question.  With the
> exception of the lack of Crystal Reports in the Visual
> C#.Net Standard edition, what is the difference between
> Visual Studio C#.Net Standard edition and Visual
> Studio.Net.  I know Visual Studio.Net handles many
> languages besides C#, but what other features are there
> that is not included in the C# version.  I plan on using
> scrictly C# in my project.

> If someone can answer my question that would be great.  I
> plan on buying one of the two software packages at the end
> of the next week.

Visual C#.Net Standard vs Visual Studio.Net

Post by Rail Jon Rogu » Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:26:09

The one is an optimizing compiler and the other isn't.  There's a chart on
the MSoft product page.

    Rail
      Recording Engineer/Software Developer
      Rail Jon Rogut Software
      http://home.earthlink.net/~railro

Quote:

> I apologize if this is a stupid question.  With the
> exception of the lack of Crystal Reports in the Visual
> C#.Net Standard edition, what is the difference between
> Visual Studio C#.Net Standard edition and Visual
> Studio.Net.  I know Visual Studio.Net handles many
> languages besides C#, but what other features are there
> that is not included in the C# version.  I plan on using
> scrictly C# in my project.

> If someone can answer my question that would be great.  I
> plan on buying one of the two software packages at the end
> of the next week.

Visual C#.Net Standard vs Visual Studio.Net

Post by Rail Jon Rogu » Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:04:43

Oops.. I read C++ instead of C#.. my bad.

    Rail
      Recording Engineer/Software Developer
      Rail Jon Rogut Software
      http://home.earthlink.net/~railro

> The one is an optimizing compiler and the other isn't.  There's a chart on
> the MSoft product page.

>     Rail
>       Recording Engineer/Software Developer
>       Rail Jon Rogut Software
>       http://home.earthlink.net/~railro

> > I apologize if this is a stupid question.  With the
> > exception of the lack of Crystal Reports in the Visual
> > C#.Net Standard edition, what is the difference between
> > Visual Studio C#.Net Standard edition and Visual
> > Studio.Net.  I know Visual Studio.Net handles many
> > languages besides C#, but what other features are there
> > that is not included in the C# version.  I plan on using
> > scrictly C# in my project.

> > If someone can answer my question that would be great.  I
> > plan on buying one of the two software packages at the end
> > of the next week.

1. Visual C# .net Standard / Visual Studio .net

Hi,

I can't afford to buy Visual Studio .net instead I am looking at Visual C#
.net Standard edition. This presumably has visual development tools but
what would I be missing out on by buying this and not Vis.Stud. .net? Am I
massively limiting what I can achieve in the .net environment? Or is VS
.net only necessary for very serious development projects?

Thanks and regards,

..matthew

2. SX-1 What is?

3. Differences between Visual C# .Net Standard and Visual Studio.Net Professional

4. WE950609/print problems/info

5. "Visual Basic .NET Standard " vs. "Visual Studio .NET"

6. Help! Intermittent (?) hard disc problems

7. Visual Basic .NET Standard vs. Visual Studio .NET Professional

8. Email Disclaimer

9. Visual Studio .NET 2003 vs. Visual C++ .NET 2003

10. Visual Basic.Net vs Visual Studio.Net

11. Visual Studio 6.0 vs. Visual Studio .Net

12. Visual Studio .NET on .NET Standard Server (3590)

13. Will .NET Compact Framework work with Visual C# .NET Standard edition?