msdev.exe taking more and more memory

Post by Leo » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:53:26

I'm using VC++ 6 on WinXP.
When I start VC++, msdev.exe takes around 14MB of memory.
Every time I run the de*, the memory usage goes up by about 4MB
and then when it stops, it releases about 3MB.

This means that every time I run the de*, another 1-2MB of memory
is being taken by msdev.exe which in the long run makes it's usage
rather high.

What is causing this and how can it be prevented ?

1. aspnet_wp.exe taking too much memory

Hi!

I'm currently developping a web application using asp.net.  Before starting
the application, aspnet_wp.exe takes about 2.5mb of memory but it doesn't
take long before it reaches 35mb and even after stopping the application, it
still takes 35mb...  What am I doing wrong and what can I do to free some
memory?  Will it get worst when multiple users run the app?  Is it in
aspnet_wp.exe memory usage that session variables are stoked for each user?

Thanks in advance!

2. comp.os.vxworks newsdigest

3. MSDEV.EXE app error

4. Sharing My Docs folder won't work

5. msdev.exe crashes

6. What happend to Phoenix Webbrowser Project?

7. Msdev.exe - Application Error

8. M-x compile

9. MSDEV.EXE crasches under Win2k

10. MSDEV.exe and MIDL

11. Platform SDK June 2001 & high CPU utilization by MSDEV.EXE

12. Runtime Error in MSDEV.EXE

13. MSDEV.EXE - Application Error on startup