RichTextBox problems...

Post by Lloyd Dupon » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:59:15

I want to display text. this text is a dynamically growing list of URL, like
this
http://fr.mobile.yahoo.com/
http://fr.mobile.yahoo.com/030117/201/2y6r3.html
http://fr.mobile.yahoo.com/030106/201/2x538.html
http://fr.mobile.yahoo.com/ring.html
http://fr.search.yahoo.com/search/fr/options?p=
http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/decouvrez/all.html
http://fr.lifestyle.yahoo.com/astro/
http://fr.adserver.yahoo.com/a?f=95611209&p=fr&l=N&c=hs&bg=ffffff
http://boutique.astrocenter.fr/yafr/store/buy/?De=StEdEm&Af=-2600
and the list goes on.

the problem is, if DetectUrls is true I can't set the color and font style
of the links.
I could disable DetectUrls, by setting it to false, but then I can't click
on them.

I try
SelectAll();
SelectionFont = myFont;

but doesn't work. the links are still underline, with a strange color (not
really the one I selected, neither the original blue)

Well, does any one of you know how I could set my 'links' property ?
or know a (free) TextBox replacement ?.....

RichTextBox problems...

Post by Jason Buntin » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 01:11:33

<snip>

Quote:> Well, does any one of you know how I could set my 'links' property ?
> or know a (free) TextBox replacement ?.....

A free component, similar to RichTextBox is available here:
http://www.aspenterprisemanager.com/YAHE/sample.aspx

I don't know if it will work for what you need, but it may. I have not
really used it as of yet, but it looks really good.

Jason Bunting

RichTextBox problems...

Post by Lloyd Dupon » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:05:35

ah, thanks.
hu.. but this is a web thing...
how could I use it in a Windows Forms application ?

Quote:> <snip>

> > Well, does any one of you know how I could set my 'links' property ?
> > or know a (free) TextBox replacement ?.....

> A free component, similar to RichTextBox is available here:
> http://www.aspenterprisemanager.com/YAHE/sample.aspx

> I don't know if it will work for what you need, but it may. I have not
> really used it as of yet, but it looks really good.

> Jason Bunting

RichTextBox problems...

Post by Daniel O'Connel » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:34:44

does it have to be a textbox, or could you use, perhaps, an owner-drawn
list?
in other words, i mean, do you require user editing, or other features that
nessecitate a text box?

Quote:> I want to display text. this text is a dynamically growing list of URL,
like
> this
> http://fr.mobile.yahoo.com/
> http://fr.mobile.yahoo.com/030117/201/2y6r3.html
> http://fr.mobile.yahoo.com/030106/201/2x538.html
> http://fr.mobile.yahoo.com/ring.html
> http://fr.search.yahoo.com/search/fr/options?p=
> http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/decouvrez/all.html
> http://fr.lifestyle.yahoo.com/astro/
> http://fr.adserver.yahoo.com/a?f=95611209&p=fr&l=N&c=hs&bg=ffffff
> http://boutique.astrocenter.fr/yafr/store/buy/?De=StEdEm&Af=-2600
> and the list goes on.

> the problem is, if DetectUrls is true I can't set the color and font style
> of the links.
> I could disable DetectUrls, by setting it to false, but then I can't click
> on them.

> I try
> SelectAll();
> SelectionFont = myFont;

> but doesn't work. the links are still underline, with a strange color (not
> really the one I selected, neither the original blue)

> Well, does any one of you know how I could set my 'links' property ?
> or know a (free) TextBox replacement ?.....

RichTextBox problems...

Post by Lloyd Dupon » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:26:22

I don't need editing capacity at all.
all I want is display, selection (to CTRL+C the text) and being able to clic
on the links....

Do you know 3rd parties library which could do that ?

Post by social-traitr » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:43:53

> I don't need editing capacity at all.
> all I want is display, selection (to CTRL+C the text) and being able to clic
> on the links....

 Just use plain HTML and the COM Webbrowser. See the faq:
http://www.syncfusion.com/FAQ/WinForms/FAQ_c100c.asp#q645q

Cheers,
S.-T.

RichTextBox problems...

Post by Lloyd Dupon » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:18:20

great ! thanks...
and interesting FAQ, BTW ...

> > I don't need editing capacity at all.
> > all I want is display, selection (to CTRL+C the text) and being able to
clic
> > on the links....

>  Just use plain HTML and the COM Webbrowser. See the faq:
> http://www.syncfusion.com/FAQ/WinForms/FAQ_c100c.asp#q645q

> Cheers,
> S.-T.

1. RichTextBox Problem #2 (some mistake)

Article I write previous, I said, RichTextBox has a problem in IME,
when setting Text property to Nothing, but that's not a true, I test
that again, but in same condition that problem does not raised again.

The reason is handling Textchanged event.
In my code, when each text change event, I accessed to Text property.
That's the problem.
In normal situation, textbox must wait IME completes making character.
But RichTextBox does not wait, and seperate each key inputs to
seperated characters. And the hooking is not a reguler. In some
character completed well, but some characters couldn't.

Here my code.
Try input Korean characters.

Private Sub SourceView_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object,
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles SourceView.TextChanged
        Debug.WriteLine(Me.SourceView.Text)
    End Sub

2. Question regarding "Closing the disc"

3. RichTextBox problem with IME.

4. esoteric BS

5. RichTextBox problems in Paste()

6. Changing page size on the fly.

7. Selection problem with RichTextBox

8. Two firewalls - ZoneAlarm *and* BlackICE?

9. RichTextBox.ScrollToCaret problem

10. RichTextBox, DragDrop Problem

11. RichTextBox Font problem

12. RichTextBox RTF Problems