TextArea to Memo Field ?

Post by Darrin Burn » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,
I have a VFP 'free table' with fields 'name' (character) and 'descript'
(memo).

I can connect, etc. and can input info. from the ASP page to the table
ONLY if the <textarea> is ONE line long.  If I hit the return key in the

textarea, I get an error while trying to insert it into the 'descript'
field.
using:

<% newname = request.form("inname")
      newdescrip = request.form("indescript") %>

<% SQL = "Insert into temp(name, descript)"
      Sql = sql & "values("
      Sql = sql & chr(39) & (newname) & chr(39) & ","
      Sql = sql & chr(39) & (newdescrip) & chr(39) & ");"
      DataConn.execute(SQL)
%>

I can print to the screen showing the values, but can only insert into
the table if memo is one line.

thanks in advance,
Darrin Burns

1. memo field in vfp

when i tried to insert  a new record through a vb.net and
oledb foxpro provider to foxpro table and this table had a
memo field :
  cmd.Connection = OleDbConnection1
        OleDbConnection1.Open()
        Dim i As Integer
dim f as integer=400
        Dim str1 As String = "d"
        For i = 0 To
            str1 = "d" + str1
        Next
        cmd.CommandText = "insert into table1 values ('" &
str1 & "')"

             cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

i faced  this error :
Command contains unrecognized phrase/keyword
caz the oledb can't put a value more than 254 in a memo
field. what can i do??????

thanx

2. The Operator's Beep

3. Bug ADO.NET: reading Memo fields from Access

4. matlab & java

5. MEMO field in a typed dataset using xsd

6. CW 8, Java Debugger opens my modem connection...

7. detect memo field changes and update

8. xbox and bigscreen tv's

9. memo field vs. hyperlink

10. richtext box updating with Microsoft Access Memo field

11. Reading Memo field data from Clipper

12. Help with ADO.NET and memo fields in Access

13. Memo field? Which OleDBType