Update version in sourcecode

Post by Collin N » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:52:59

Hi, I'm moving from CVS to sourcesafe hope you don't mind if I'm asking an
amateur question cos I couldn't find it anywhere else.

In CVS, we can set a tag ($ID$ or $version$) to ask cvs to automatically
increment and update the version for us in the source code. How can I do
this in Sourcesafe?

Thanks!

Update version in sourcecode

Post by Weston Morri » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:09:48

Hi Collin,

Search for 'keyword expansion' in the online help for VSS. There are similar
keywords in the VSS system that you can use.  Don't forget to enable keyword
expansion. From an early post of mine:
Under tools->Options set "copy expanded-keywords into working directory".

You also need to add the following line to your srcsafe.ini file:

Keyword_Masks = *.cpp, *.h, *.c

The extensions listed in this line are the files that will have keyword
expansion enabled.

I thought there was an Options:dialog box that let you do this, but I
couldn't find it.

Weston

Quote:> Hi, I'm moving from CVS to sourcesafe hope you don't mind if I'm asking an
> amateur question cos I couldn't find it anywhere else.

> In CVS, we can set a tag ($ID$ or $version$) to ask cvs to automatically
> increment and update the version for us in the source code. How can I do
> this in Sourcesafe?

> Thanks!

1. New version of .NET Resourcer, Digger + Sourcecode

new versions of .NET Resourcer and Digger at
http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet

new features in .NET Resourcer:
- MDI user interface
- cut/copy/paste
- binary data support
- improved tab-header list viewer
- improved bitmap viewer
- resource import from exe/dll files.
- double-click to view standard resource types.

2. Asyncrchronuous call to webservice

3. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

4. Assistance needed: User Registration in FrontPage

5. SourceCode Protection

6. Defeating Voyetra SP-3 Copy Protection for Backups

7. C# .NET downloads + sourcecodes.

8. Installing Psimail Internet on 3a

9. Cool Resources Editor/Viewer for .NET + sourcecode (.resources/.resX)

10. get sourcecode for HTML doc in axWebBrowser

11. C-sourcecode-highlighting in files with nonstandard-extention

12. Addon for buildnr in sourcecode

13. a few free controls with sourcecode