What about a general .Net Coding Standard

What about a general .Net Coding Standard

Post by Geert Martti » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi Jonathan,

Quote:> The SDK does have some coding standards which I like.

Are you refering to the 'old' VB Coding Conventions at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/vbasic/vbcon98/vbconco...
ventionsoverview.htm

or did Microsoft already draft some for .Net?

Regards...

    Geert Marttin

What about a general .Net Coding Standard

Post by Jonathan Alle » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

The PDC SDK has some coding conventions. A lot of them deal with naming
Namespaces, Classes, Methods, Fields, and Arguments.

Also, there are a lot of "Do/Do Not" lists that I have found helpful.
Unfortunately, they are scattered throughout the SDK.

Jonathan Allen

> Hi Jonathan,

> > The SDK does have some coding standards which I like.

> Are you refering to the 'old' VB Coding Conventions at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/vbasic/vbcon98/vbconco...
Quote:> ventionsoverview.htm