"User Cancelled Setup" - VS .NET 2003

Post by Rober » Wed, 28 May 2003 23:12:54

At my company, I am running Windows 2K sp3, VS6.0 sp5, &
SQL 2K Client.  I just received my copy of .NET 2003 from
our MSDN Subscription and I tried 4 or 5 times to install
VS .NET 2003 (Ent. Architect), and each time it terminates
after about 45 minutes with the message, "User Cancelled
Setup".

I disabled the Anti-Virus software, but no luck.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

"User Cancelled Setup" - VS .NET 2003

Post by Alden Raymundo [MSF » Fri, 30 May 2003 00:39:15

Not a pretty error... here's an article that still applies to vsnet 2003:

322950 PRB: Error Messages When You Cancel Setup of Visual Studio .NET or
the
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322950

HTH,

Alden Raymundo
Microsoft Corporation

"User Cancelled Setup" - VS .NET 2003

Post by Rober » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 22:07:25

Alden,

Your solution was "right on". Thank you!

I'm glad it worked, but I still don't know why MS has to
have you copy all 6 disks (3 for .NET, 3 for MSDN) to your
hard drive, in order to install .NET 2003.

I can install all other software from my CD drive just
fine.

Thanks again.
Robert

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Not a pretty error... here's an article that still

applies to vsnet 2003:
Quote:

>322950 PRB: Error Messages When You Cancel Setup of

Visual Studio .NET or
Quote:>the
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322950

>HTH,

>Alden Raymundo
>Microsoft Corporation

confers no rights.

>.

"User Cancelled Setup" - VS .NET 2003

Post by Alden Raymundo [MSF » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 06:16:25

Glad to know that things worked out.  Sorry, I could have expanded a little
on the solution outlined in the article... you probably could have gotten
away with copying only vsnet disc 1 and 2 to your hard drive.

Don't really have an answer on why you saw the problem in the first place
(when other software installs fine)... I usually chalk it up to 'just one
of those things' ;)

Take care,

Alden Raymundo
Microsoft Corporation