Remoting Properties

Post by Tim » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 07:09:31

May be a stupid question:

I have an object/assembly w/properties.  When I am implementing the proxy on
my client and set properties, does this marshall data across the wire like
the COM/DCOM world?

Tim

Remoting Properties

Post by Dan Tra » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 07:29:47

Yes!!!

-D

> May be a stupid question:

> I have an object/assembly w/properties.  When I am implementing the proxy
on
> my client and set properties, does this marshall data across the wire like
> the COM/DCOM world?

> Tim

Remoting Properties

Post by Tim » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 07:36:30

where can you point me to information

> Yes!!!

> -D

> > May be a stupid question:

> > I have an object/assembly w/properties.  When I am implementing the
proxy
> on
> > my client and set properties, does this marshall data across the wire
like
> > the COM/DCOM world?

> > Tim

Remoting Properties

Post by Dan Tra » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 09:54:36

Have you tried example in Beta2 SDK?

Just pick out an singleton example, add a property
on the server object, and change the client code
to invoke the property.

Hope this is what you looking for

-D

> where can you point me to information

> > Yes!!!

> > -D

Quote:> > > May be a stupid question:

> > > I have an object/assembly w/properties.  When I am implementing the
> proxy
> > on
> > > my client and set properties, does this marshall data across the wire
> like
> > > the COM/DCOM world?

> > > Tim

Remoting Properties

Post by Piet Obermeye » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 09:48:28

Yes

> May be a stupid question:

> I have an object/assembly w/properties.  When I am implementing the proxy
on
> my client and set properties, does this marshall data across the wire like
> the COM/DCOM world?

> Tim

1. Remoting Exception and TargetSite property

Hy,

When in the Client Application I read the TargetSite property
(objRemoteException.TargetSite.Name) of an exception
received from a Remote Object, I obtain the following error:

Message: File or assembly name <RemoteObject>, or one of its dependencies,
was not found.
Component: mscorlib
Class: System.Reflection.Assembly

Anyone can suggest a solution that allows to know the class and method (of
the remote object) which generated the error?

Thanks.

2. Installing SBS 2003 on Intel MB

3. Should you avoid get/set properties with remote objects (for efficiency)?

4. Bonsai vs. InfoSelect?

5. globalized property grid and remoting

6. IMICI

7. OracleParameter IsNullable property missing Property accessor exposed instead (sort of)

8. AV Wierd Mike Connector: Where to buy them

9. custom controls - adding properties to the property browser

10. Handling resetting/serialization of expanding properties in the property window

11. Property Not appearing in the Property Grid at Runtime

12. protected properties in Property Grid

13. How to prevent properties on existing controls from being displayed in the Property Browser