error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Post by Leonardo IZZ » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:49:03

I have this problem:

Same times my application stops and visualizes this error:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

With debug I have understood that the error is on the following stantment:

bmbtablename.position += 1    'position of bindingmanagerbase on datatable
move next

Why? Thank you for our availability

error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Post by Himanshu Dham » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:20:25

HI,
have you declared and initialized bmbtablename
Himanshu Dhami
MCP
"Loves working at the Horizon,where everything ends"
http://www27.brinkster.com/himanshudhami

1. Custom class error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Hi,

I've started writing a class to build some SQL to run but I'm having a
problem.
When I try and call the method that returns the SQL string, I get the
following error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

    string strSQL;
    AdvSearchBuilder myQuery = new AdvSearchBuilder();
    myQuery.SelectColumns = "VenueName,Town";
    myQuery.VenueName = VenueName.Text;
    strSQL = myQuery.GetSQL();  // error is indicated on this line.

What does this mean? Which object is it referring to?

Thanks,

Nick...
(please reply to group)

2. How do you keep an idiot busy? (read)

3. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

4. Spline problem

5. SqlConnection "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

6. minix fs

7. For static class, I get message: "object reference not set to an instance"!

8. I cannot get past this error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

9. Form designer error "Object reference not set" with MDIParent

10. Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object error when calling unmanaged DLL function

11. error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

12. error: object reference not set to an instance of an object