Connect ADODB to a system DSN

Post by Rami » Thu, 29 May 2003 13:36:26

Hi All,

How can I connect ADODB to a system DSN.

Thanks

Rami.

1. Connecting to a System DSN?!

Make up a system DSN configured the way you want for Access and user
"DSN=yourdsnname" in the connection string in the ODBC .NET data provider.
You will have to specify UID= and PWD= as well if your Access database is
password protected.

Bob Beauchemin
http://staff.develop.com/bobb

Hi,

I have a problem about how to do a connection to a
microsoft access database through an ODBC System DSN.

When I try to do it with OleDB it says that it doesn't
support it. I have also tried to download and use the
ODBC .NET Data Provider, but the JET (Microsoft Access)
provider there only lets you specify an absolute path to
the *.mdb file and I want to specify a system dsn.

Please let me know if youve got any solutions to this!?

/ Joel

2. OzTeX 1.6

3. file dsn / system dsn dont work with acccess 2002

4. WTB: Internal scsi drive for ss5

5. how to specify the dsn in the connection string when connecting through asp.net

6. WWW Interface for CVS?

7. connect to ms access using DSN

8. NIST RT Java Requirements final draft available

9. Can't connect to Foxpro DSN through odbc.net

10. I cant connect via ODBC DSN. Help!

11. OleDbConnection(in Beta2) doesn't connect to database using ODBC DSN

12. can't connect to ADODB

13. System DSN in connection string not working