How to use an exe OLE automation server in .NET ?

How to use an exe OLE automation server in .NET ?

Post by HervĂ© MAILLAR » Wed, 28 May 2003 21:11:14

Hi,

I have an OLE automation server. This file is an exe file.

I need to use it in .NET.

I have try to import it (like an ocx or a dll) but it doesn't work.

I don't really know how to manage it...

Thanks for your help.

H. MAILLARD

How to use an exe OLE automation server in .NET ?

Post by Carsten Harnisc » Thu, 29 May 2003 08:19:23

have a look at http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/cominterop.asp maybe
this will solve most of the issues

regards

Carsten

On Tue, 27 May 2003 14:11:14 +0200, "Herv MAILLARD"

>Hi,

>I have an OLE automation server. This file is an exe file.

>I need to use it in .NET.

>I have try to import it (like an ocx or a dll) but it doesn't work.

>I don't really know how to manage it...

>Thanks for your help.

>H. MAILLARD

1. OLE Automation: Printing .rtf documents using MS Word

I am interested in creating a simple VB app. that will read in a file
path (or directory) and print all of the .rtf documents therein.  I
believe that I can simply create a Word object and using the
.Application property, use the .PrintOut method to do this but I have
not been successful.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, utlimately, I would like to be able to query the Registry to find
the registered app. for .rtf documents and use that to print them.  For
now, I will be satisfied assuming that MS Word is installed.

Thanks.

David

2. Ray Dream Studio visual quickstart chat(05/13/98)

3. Version filtering using OLE Automation ...

4. Vintage Game Auctions on ebay (RPGs/Adventure) ETC.

5. Differing files using OLE automation

6. Looking for printer with very small margin settings.

7. Getting a file from project label using OLE automation fails for numeric labels.

8. ISDN from PacBell to Bell South Sites; Questions

9. Pb with Ole automation server and interface between vc6 and vc7...

10. Generating a TLB file from OLE Automation Server

11. Getting Latest Version using Ole automation...

12. Problems with ASP.NET using OLE Automation for Excel

13. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins