Can Access 10 access a database that only supports access through an ADO.Net provider?

Can Access 10 access a database that only supports access through an ADO.Net provider?

Post by Michael Herma » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 15:33:19

Believe it or not, I have a database we're trying to use that only supports
access through a ADO.Net provider (no plain old ADO or ODBC drivers).

Is there a way for Access (and more specifically Access Data Pages) to use
this ADO.Net provider?

--
Michael Herman
Parallelspace Corporation

Can Access 10 access a database that only supports access through an ADO.Net provider?

Post by Richard T. Edward » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 17:13:21

Your doing WHAT????

Just kidding<G>.

With everthing else bieng equal:

string cnstr ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Data
Source=C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VB98\\NWIND.MDB";

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection cn = new
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(cnstr);

cn.Open();

HTH

Quote:> Believe it or not, I have a database we're trying to use that only
supports
> access through a ADO.Net provider (no plain old ADO or ODBC drivers).

> Is there a way for Access (and more specifically Access Data Pages) to use
> this ADO.Net provider?

> --
> Michael Herman
> Parallelspace Corporation
> Developers of Parallelspace eMail for Groove Workspace

Can Access 10 access a database that only supports access through an ADO.Net provider?

Post by Malcolm Stewa » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 23:37:18

Michael,

<<
Believe it or not, I have a database we're trying to use that only supports
access through a ADO.Net provider (no plain old ADO or ODBC drivers).

Is there a way for Access (and more specifically Access Data Pages) to use
this ADO.Net provider?

You'd have to write a .NET component that does the data access and expose
it as a COM object. ADO.NET is not really usable directly via COM Interop.

Malcolm Stewart
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Can Access 10 access a database that only supports access through an ADO.Net provider?

Post by Michael Herma » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 02:18:00

Thanks for your reply Richard but I need the opposite scenario.

I want Access Data Pages (which is essentially a non.Net consumer) to be
able to read data from an ADO.Net provider.

Michael.

> Your doing WHAT????

> Just kidding<G>.

> With everthing else bieng equal:

> string cnstr ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Engine
Type=5;Data
> Source=C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VB98\\NWIND.MDB";

> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection cn = new
> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(cnstr);

> cn.Open();

> HTH

> > Believe it or not, I have a database we're trying to use that only
> supports
> > access through a ADO.Net provider (no plain old ADO or ODBC drivers).

> > Is there a way for Access (and more specifically Access Data Pages) to
use
> > this ADO.Net provider?

> > --
> > Michael Herman
> > Parallelspace Corporation
> > Developers of Parallelspace eMail for Groove Workspace

1. access a Memo field of a Access Database via Ado.net

Hi,

I'm trying to read a memo field in a access database via ado.net.
unfourtnately I couldn't find a single example of how to go about it. my
experiment with that always ends in an exception with following text:
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status
value, if available. No work was done.
I should add that the DataSet which I use is generated by a xml schema and
maps the datatype to a string. I also use the property to set the Memo
field. I'm obviously missing something trivial which everybody except me
seems to know or I would have run into an article or two concerning this
question, but I just can't figure it out.

Any help or pointers appreciated,
thanks,

Eduard Ralph

2. Defective 2.88 Drive. Cheaper than $400?

3. Does ADO.NET supports Access database

4. A MAGIC OS MAILING

5. unable to access odbc ACCESS datafile through ADO.NET

6. rev translator ?

7. Help with database access(sql server) thru vc++.net

8. Help! Canon 620

9. Remote ADO access of an Access database

10. overflow on access database access

11. Can't Access Access Database -Connection String Problem?

12. How to access the ACCESS database file on the PPC?

13. Workaround needed for inability to access remotely served Access database